Ask
    hardmanc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2014, 06:28 AM
    0% credit cards
    Which credit cards offer best 0% rate
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2014, 06:42 AM
    None do... thats only a teaser rate and it will quickly jump to a rather significant number... usually after you bought enough stuff you couldn't afford to pay cash for... then you are on the hook.

They are after all in the business to make money.....not give it away.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2014, 08:40 AM
    How would you expect a credit card issuer to make money if they don't charge interest? As smoothy said, some issuers offer promotional rates to get you to sign up. But they are rarely for much longer than a year.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 5, 2014, 08:44 AM
    They come and go. I haven't even seen any recently. And many are just for transfers of balance from another card or cards. And as stated - very temporary.

Years ago people I know juggled such offers with great finesse, often staggering 6 month offers a month or so apart, so that they could charge many thousands at no interest. I think those days are gone.

Jun 5, 2014, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Years ago people I know juggled such offers with great finesse, often staggering 6 month offers a month or so apart, so that they could charge many thousands at no interest. I think those days are gone.
    I still do that with balance transfers. I transfer a balance for 12 months at 0% interest, then transfer it again, just before the promo period expires. Even with the transaction fee it works out better.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 5, 2014, 12:47 PM
    I never would have guessed you to be a juggler, ScottGem! I can't sleep if I'm in debt. I do time large purchases for the day before the end of a billing cycle, and then pay on the last day due.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2014, 12:51 PM
    I use one from time to time which I always pay in full when the bill arrives... to keep my credit score high... otherwise if I can't pay cash for it... then I don't need it.

I learned my lesson about credit cards back in the 80's.

Jun 5, 2014, 12:55 PM
    If deficit spending is good enough for government, why shouldn't it be good enough for me? ;)

But my Credit Score is between 780 and 850 depending on who you ask. So I must be doing something right.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 05:19 PM
    My girlfriend does the same, get the 0 percent and move account around. I have no credit score. Or not a good one.

I do not own a credit card. Paid cash for my house, so no home loan. Paid cash last 3 cars...

One would think, not having any debt would make you a good credit score. LOL,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

Credit cards that pull only experian credit reports [ 0 Answers ]

I know that some banks only pull 1 bureau for applications. Which ones that you know of only pull Experian?

What credit cards will approve you if you have negative items on your credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I have poor credit and my credit score is barely over 500. I am in the process of paying off my debts. Anyone know of any unsecured credit cards I can get approved for?

Credit scores/no credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

If a person has never applied for a credit card, has always paid with cash, do they have a credit score at all, is this score a good credit score or a bad credit score?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search