Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 06:03 AM
    Lost faith in anonymous
    I thought I had found a group that had the same beliefs as me. I thought I belonged and they wanted to achieve the same goals.
    Last night and today in Moncton NB there is a shooter loose. He is armed and dangerous. 3 cops dead 2 cops injured. City on lockdown.
    He belongs to anonymous and I went to the page. They agree with what he is doing and actively supporting him.
    I am so disillusioned and guess I fit in no where. I have left all of my anon groups and guess I will go solo.
    My beliefs you can change the world by being nice, protest and being knowledgeable about issues going on. Vote etc.
    This post is not about gun laws by the way. I believe 100% if I can realize with my issues I should not have guns then others with mental health issues should be able to do the same. I am no rocket scientist, nothing special.
    Today I worry for friends and family down home. Stay safe all. Sigh sad world it is becoming.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 06:05 AM
    What is anonymous?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2014, 06:12 AM
    I think they are the idiots that walk around in Guy Fawkes masks.
    Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Dogs Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 06:13 AM
    Nods Tom... I believe a lot in what they believe but not the violence they are no advocating.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2014, 06:57 AM
    Yes a take off of the film V, the idea is basicly vengence against a corrupt political system, I don't thing you have anything to worry about
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2014, 07:04 AM
    Hi mogrann,

We're not far from each other. We're struggling with this here as well. I have a couple of RCMP friends I need to check on.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2014, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Nods Tom... I believe a lot in what they believe but not the violence they are no advocating.
    From what I hear ,they are planning to do a hacker attack on the World Cup Games in Brazil .Their call for protests there has already lead to violence.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2014, 06:17 AM
    They are opportunists Tom, they probably think wasting money on football stadums is a corrupt act. Given the record of FIFA they are probably right
    Dogs Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 06:50 AM
    They have caught the guy.
    When I became involved it was due to situations in Canada with the government, helping the homeless etc. I thought from what they told me they believed in peaceful demonstrations, trying to change the world for the better etc. Now I see with the situation in Moncton they are all about achieving their goals at any costs... effectively becoming as corrupt as some of the government is. I prefer my way as I am not hurting people or the planet.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 07:46 AM
    Now I see with the situation in Moncton they are all about achieving their goals at any costs
    I don't think you can attribute his actions to the group Anonymous. He is one disturbed fellow. Usually when Anon is involved in an action it is a group activity.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 07:47 AM
    NeedKarma I went to the anonymous page he belonged to on Facebook and they were supporting him.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 07:54 AM
    You don't even want to know what I think about that group... and the site censor settings wouldn't allow me to print it.

But in short... they are a bunch of blowhard hypocrites... doing exactly what they complain about others doing. Only they do it more often.

Its like Bullies complaining about being picked on by other bullies.

If any of them had real lives or jobs they wouldn't have time for these childish antics.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 08:08 AM
    I went to the anonymous page he belonged to on Facebook and they were supporting him.
    Ah, I see. That's terrible. I'm on your side about this.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 08:09 AM
    Sadly Smoothy I believe there are more people than me that believe in them thinking they are a peaceful group. Good people not realizing they are supporting a group that believes in achieving what they want at any cost. I guess I am gullible and stupid
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Sadly Smoothy I believe there are more people than me that believe in them thinking they are a peaceful group. Good people not realizing they are supporting a group that believes in achieving what they want at any cost. I guess I am gullible and stupid
    I agree... a lot of these type groups prey on people who for whatever reason are susceptible to being influenced at a particular given moment... then their idocrination begins.

Don't beat yourself up over it... you saw them for who they are... that's saying something good about who you are... a lot of people when they get sucked in really start to beleave the stories and crap they are fed. You saw through it despite it all. That's more than a lot of others can say.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 08:19 AM
    Don't beat yourself up over it... you saw them for who they are... that's saying something good about who you are... a lot of people when they get sucked in really start to beleave the stories and crap they are fed. You saw through it despite it all. That's more than a lot of others can say.
    That sounds an awful lot like empathy. :-)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That sounds an awful lot like empathy. :-)
    Good call, NK!
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 08:50 AM
    Well there isn't a lot of it... its not a well... more like a pothole after a rainstorm. So don't get too used to it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Well there isn't a lot of it... its not a well... more like a pothole after a rainstorm. So don't get too used to it.
    Oh, c'mon. Admit it. There's a warm and fuzzy smoothy in there somewhere.

And mogrann, you did what you needed to do to quiet your mind and improve your life. Be proud of yourself!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Oh, c'mon. Admit it. There's a warm and fuzzy smoothy in there somewhere.
    I've always though smoothy was the "I say let 'em crash" guy from the movie "Airplane": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw

JK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anonymous callers [ 1 Answers ]

How can I see who is calling my tmobile phone private?

Anonymous Breakouts [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been suffering with these horrific breakouts for the past 2 1/2 yrs. And he's been unable to seek medical attention. We know that its not hives, he gets these whelp like bumps on his body that mainly come at night, it usually starts by itching and is the same color as his skin and...

Lost my faith [ 51 Answers ]

All my life, I've questioned things, never thought id question god though, I just don't believe, I kind of don't want to believe, but its depressing, hearing about hell, because I know I'm going to die young, what can I do, to get back mt faith

View more questions Search