Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olive1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2014, 08:28 PM
    Should I stay out of my boyfriends group of friends?
    So my boyfriend recently made a new group of friends and we both went camping with them this weekend and we all kind of bonded. Now he wants me to go to a party that they are throwing this Friday. Did I mention I'm the only girl in the whole group? And now on Facebook they were posting all these statuses and tagging him in it about the weekend but I wasn't tagged. Like it was like I wasn't even there. I know it may sound pathetic but if you think about it, it almost seems as though they don't consider me part of their group even though I hung out with them just as much as my boyfriend did. They don't seem to have a problem with me but I'm not sure if I'm even welcomed or should even bother going to hangout with them. Anyway should I let my boyfriend just hangout with them or should I keep tagging along?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 3, 2014, 09:07 PM
    Well they are all guys, maybe that is why they don't see you as part of the group. Let him hang with his guy friends. Why would you even want to tag along?
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jun 3, 2014, 11:52 PM
    Homegirl! Is right and I wound like to add more things here,' even though you have a bond with your boy friend's friends but still for them first you are their'' friend's girlfriend'' then a ''friend'', so may be they are kind of respecting those spaces! So, don't worry and if you are invited or if you are comfortable you can go with your boyfriend to hangout with his friends.
    Olive1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 01:20 PM
    Because I can have guy friends? Lol they're nice and everything haha
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Nothing wrong with having guy friends but his friends may not want to hang with him and his girlfriend all the time. Why do you tag along, don't you have a life and friends apart from him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 09:06 AM
    For the record, you are 15, and he is 18, and while your mom lets you do as you please your dad has objections as any dad of a 15 year old would if his daughter were hanging with a group of grown guys that are probably graduated. NO, a 15 year old should NOT be hanging out with a group of grown guys.

Not even when she turns 16!!
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2014, 09:12 AM
    I'm with Talani on this one. After having read this I know exactly why your dad has problems with your wanting to date this guy. My parents would never have let me go camping (at 15 or 16) with a group of guys over 18. Nor would I let any of my kids! Why not find a guy your age? With friends your age?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 02:59 PM
    The whole thing is inappropriate. You should not be dating a guy that age and you surely should not be camping with a group of older guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous of boyfriends female friends [ 0 Answers ]

my boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. It has been one rocky relationship. See, my boyfriend is a musician and is constantly adored by female friends aka groupies. The more popularity he's gaining, the more females that come around. to preface the rest of this I need to explain a...

I don't get along with one of my boyfriends friends [ 72 Answers ]

Entire Story merged I'm currently living with my boyfriend of 14 months and everything has been going well, but lately I feel like he owns everything and that if we were to break up I would have nothing. The lease of our apartment is in his name and all the furniture and equipment is his. I...

Becoming friends with ex boyfriends wife? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfreind and I had a very rough break up about three years ago, and I have never talked to him since. He went on to date this girl, got her pregnant and married her. Long story short she added me as a friend on Facebook. We have been talking and get along well. We have very similar...

Friends or boyfriends [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get to know a guy, when I don't see him often? What questions do I ask, I don't want to seem desperate, but I do want to get to know him.

Boyfriends Friends [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months and a constant battle with us is his friends, he has so many! He has often told me he has a hard time fitting me in with his friends, which is ridiculous, he often tells me at the last minute when he is hanging out with them, especially on a Friday!...

View more questions Search