Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agirl4love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2014, 07:44 PM
    Daughter looking for Divorce options
    My daughter is currently in the Marines stationed in Japan, currently she has evidence that husband is having an affair. She was married in Los Vegas NV, station in San Diego CA but recently deployed to Japan. She is a resident of Orlando Florida, she want to give me power of attorney while she is in Japan and want me to file here in Florida is that possible, she wants this over ASAP and don't want to wait to return to CA.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2014, 08:12 PM
    She could contact JAG for advice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2014, 04:54 AM
    Yes, I'm not sure one can confer a POA to act in a divorce action. But I would recommend talking with a local JAG attorney as her first step. Most states in the US have no fault divorces, so proof of infidelity shouldn't be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If exspouse defaults on part of divorce decree about a mortgage, what options do I [ 1 Answers ]

Exspouse was to assume the mortgage per divorce decree and was later unble to refinance and home is about to enter foreclosure, what are my options... I also signed a quit claim deed w/ divorce but I'm still on the mortgage..

Daughter's Divorce Bill [ 4 Answers ]

What can my daughter do. Her husband(ex-now), petitioned her for divorce and it was final 2 weeks ago. I picked up the bill for her, until I received the last statement from her attorney. I was shocked. The bill more than doubled. Her husband's (ex) was half the cost and he petitioned. He also...

Daughter, divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daughter who at the moment is in a mental ward of a hospital. Her husband recently served her divorce papers, at the hospital. She is in no way capable of going to court at this time. Can they do this?

View more questions Search