Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steph_Ayala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2014, 08:14 AM
    Apartment & move out fees
    Do tenants have a grace period to pay reletting fees? If so how long?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2014, 08:40 AM
    YOU might want to specify where you reside... this is an international site... and you used a term that's not commonly used outside of the UK. Laws vary significantly depending on location.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2014, 09:47 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Some quick research defines reletting fees as fees charged by a landlord for letting a tenant out of a lease early (there were other definitions but they don't apply to a tenant).

If that's what you were referring to, then I doubt if there is a grace period, either statutory or otherwise. If that isn't what you were referring to you need to be more descriptive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move out from an apartment ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am planning to move out from my apartment, I am on lease but I have to break it and its OK for me to to pay fines for breaking the lease. I want to move out in March end, and I have to book my tickets accordingly say 8th April if I move out on March 31st because for those days I will be...

Move out fees [ 4 Answers ]

So far, I've always rented private rooms and been fortunate enough to have great landlords and never any problems. I like the place I'm at now, but I can't have my boyfriend move in and we'd like to move in together so we're looking at apartments. I live in irvine, ca and would like to continue...

Fees after Canceling Apartment Lease Application? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently filled out an application for an apartment, but decided to withdraw and chose not to sign the lease. I paid an application fee that I didn't expect to get back, but now the broker is pressing me to pay half a month's rent to account for the time lost while the apartment was off the...

I was asked verbally to move so a relative could move in. Relocation fees? [ 3 Answers ]

The next month after my landlady was upset and was rude to me because I did not pay the rent 3 days early, I dropped off my rent and was told to move in 30 days so a relative could move in. Since I had paid last month's rent (is that legal or should it be security?) he told me I could have 60 days....

Asking someone to move out of apartment not on lease [ 5 Answers ]

My friend's boyfriend is asking her to move out of the apartment by the end of the day. Giving her less than one day's notice. She is not on the lease but pays half the rent (Cash). This is in Pennsylvania. People are telling me that they have to give her 30 days notice is this true. She has...

View more questions Search