Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jniedere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2014, 09:29 AM
    I over-filled my 16 hp engine.
    The engine spit up the extra oil through the carb and burned. The oil is now foamy and cream colored. Shall I change the oil again? Do I have a bigger problem?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 09:09 PM
    Hi,
    I would suggest that you change your oil. It is not unusal to have the oil foam a bit but a creamy color often is a sign that there is some water in the oil. Oils contain a dterergent additive which can cause foaming, but it is also there to absorb moisture and will turn creamy in color when it does.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Jun 6, 2014, 06:48 PM
    Change it and be careful not to overfill. The foaming was caused by the crank slapping the oil in the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine filled with coolant and is mixed with oil [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering why my temperature gauge was going up so high, although the engine didn't actually get too hot. I couldn't understand why the coolant wouldn't remain in the radiator and I filled it up several times. I Checked the oil a couple days ago and the dipstick was covered about 7 or 8...

LT 160 Kohler engine When I move the throttle the engine stays at maximum speed [ 2 Answers ]

The throttle cable is like new and works smoothly. It looks like the mechanical link age is working. The engine appears to stay at max speed. I do not hear the engine speed up when I engage the mower. I used to always hear the govenor increase when the mower was engaged

Sears Craftsman lawn mower, honda engine, engine starts then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Mower starts on first pull then dies when choke returns to normal. Mower has only been used twice

Engine dies while driving and engine doesn't turn on restart honda 98 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 civic lx with a manual and tonight I was driving and the car just turn off on me while driving at 70km/h in 4th gear. Then tried boosting the battery but every time I tried to start it the engine didn't even turn at all. Some possiblilities I thought of was that the battery is...

My 16 hp vanguard engine made a terrible racket inside the engine no longer runs, why [ 2 Answers ]

Mower was running fine, started making a noise inside engine, lost power, noise returned, and engine died. No longer will start, just spins. Is the engine trashed or possibly fixable?

View more questions Search