Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2014, 03:01 AM
    If a wisdom tooth isn't impacted does it need to be removed still?
    My wisdom teeth are not impacted or anything but was wondering if they're not impacted and its just a partial eruption is it still a must to have them removed or is there a better chance I will not need them removed if its just a partial eruption...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2014, 04:34 AM
    Following dentist instruction most important
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 1, 2014, 07:22 AM
    Wisdom teeth are the last molars that we get and at times they appear after our bones are already set. That is why they are a problem, they start growing at odd angles, pushing our permanent molars different ways and disrupting our teeth which are already in place, in bone.

If you have a wisdom tooth that is decaying, it is wise to have it out because it is actually a tooth you do not need and will never serve a purpose.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2014, 11:10 AM
    Get it removed. I left a partially erupted Wisdom tooth in place and when it had to be removed, I had lost enough bone that the next tooth came loose too.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2014, 12:39 PM
    It all depends on your specific situation... they might not need removed. Only your dentist can say for sure. Follow their advice.

I'm 53, two never developed and the other two are small enough they cuased no problems... and never had a single dentist insist they needed to come out or even hinted at it, and I've been to a number of them over the years, and yes I go several times a year, every year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small, painful lump on the inside of my gum, where my wisdom tooth was removed. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there, I had my wisdom tooth removed March 24th, and a little over a month ago, I noticed that there was a "lump" near on my gum, on the inside, just under where my wisdom tooth was. It's painful, and has soft white tissue on it. I put the wisdom tooth bit in, because I thought it was...

Can pregnancy cause a tooth to crumble, wisdom tooth problems? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was pregnant with my youngest 3 years ago one of my wisdom teeth just started crumbling. Most of it came out in chucks and had no pain. My wisdom tooth was completely through when this happened. Now what was left on this side of the gums broke off the other day, still no pain. It feels like...

Wisdom tooth removed and now I got a heavy body pain and fever [ 1 Answers ]

I went and remove my lower right wisdom tooth and da tooth in front of it. Itz a day later now and I got a heavy body pain and extremely high fever. My entire body is sore. Could it be a flu ? If so can I get a flu injection so soon after my teeth extraction?

Wisdom teeth Impacted [ 13 Answers ]

So I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years, low and behold, all 4 wisdom teeth need to be pulled. They are impacted, just wanted to see what I can expect from this procedure. Will they put me out? Use numbing agents, laughing gas. What do the prescribe after for pain? Is it a...

Flax Seeds and Impacted Anal Glands - & why do they become impacted? [ 1 Answers ]

Can preventing a dog's stool from becoming too hard by feeding her ground up flax seed - Also work on impacted anal glands... any connection? Is there any thing one might feed a dog to prevent this from happening? Why does it happen? Thanks.:eek:

View more questions Search