Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadaway81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2014, 04:08 PM
    Installing light kit to craftmade ceiling fan
    Im trying to put a light kit on an outdoor craftmade ceiling fan but there is no blue or black wire to put with the black wire on light kit. I have a red, brown or purple
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2014, 06:02 PM
    How about this guide? It describes how to wire your ceiling fan by wire color.

Does that help?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2014, 06:18 PM
    You will need to get a hot lead through the motor shaft. Easiest way is to run a coat hanger up, tape a blue wire on the hanger and pull back down. You will also need a neutral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftmade ceiling fan light kit installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftmade ceiling fan with light. The bulb in the light fixture has just blown. However, I see no way to remove the globe to get at the bulb. There are no screws holding the globe in place; it justs seems to be fitted right into the metal, decorative ring that surrounds it. Any ideas...

Replacing ceiling fan light kit with new light kit. [ 0 Answers ]

HI everyone, I am replacing a light kit on a fan with a new light kit. The old kit is attached using a 6-wire plug and the new light kit only has 2 wires. What kind of wire modification can I make to connect the white wire from the new light kit to attach to the plug on the old kit? I really...

Attaching light kit Craftmade ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

I have Craftmade ceiling fan. I bought a generic Harbor Bay ceiling fan light kit. It seemed very straight forward installation, white to white, black to blue, but afterward the light would not work. I know the light bulbs work, I've tested them. The fan still works. On the wall is a...

Installing a ceiling fan light kit? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a question about adding a light kit to my ceiling fan. I've gotten it to the point where I can have the fan running by itself, and I can have the fan running with the light on, but I can't have the light on without the fan. My question is: "How can I control the light and the fan...

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

View more questions Search