Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vporumb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2014, 03:46 PM
    Adjusting status
    Hi,

I am trying to file for adjustment of status. I am in US on a B2 visa and I recently got married. On my form I-765 at question 11, if I ever applied for employment authorization, should I answer yes, since in the past I had a H1B visa (currently expired) and therefore I have a SS#?
    Can you help me with some advice on this?
    Thank you in advance,

Virginia Porumb
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 31, 2014, 04:49 PM
    You have to answer YES.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

May 31, 2014, 07:06 PM
    The question is "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" You answer Yes if you've ever applied for an EAD card, using form I-765, from USCIS; for example, for OPT. People on H1b do not use an EAD to work -- they can work for the given company due to the H1b status, which is not given by USCIS. If you've only worked on H1b, and not applied for an EAD before, you must answer "NO".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. And my my wife is F1 with opt status. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. and my my wife is F1 with opt status, currently working and both has W2. Can we file tax for 2009 jointly and what form should we refer for filing?

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

Traveling abroad while adjusting for status [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently received my I-512L Authorization for Parole and I am confused about the whole process... Here is my question (two parts) Is the I-512L document sufficient for re-entry to the United States after traveling abroad or a) will I receive a "card" akin to my work permit or...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search