Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Thom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2014, 10:26 AM
    Per diem deduction
    Is my employer allowed to deduct my per diem from my 25 percent load pay in the state of Iowa
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2014, 10:41 AM
    Hi Michael and welcome to amhd, you need only to post once, someone with will be along and answer. Just hang tight for the right expert. Good luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 31, 2014, 01:19 PM
    This is contractual not subject to statute. It depends on the terms by which you are paid a per diem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itemized deduction vs Standard Deduction for Non Resident Alien from India [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on L1 Visa from August 22 2009. I want to file my tax returns and my status is non resident for year 2009 and I have to file form 1040NR-EZ, which I understand correctly. Now my question is there is a one clause in the instruction booklet for filing form 1040NR-EZ that indian...

F1 to H1B - Itemized Deduction/ Standard Deduction? [ 17 Answers ]

Dear all, My status in US changed from F1 to H1B in mid Nov 2004. I was on F1 from Sep 2002-Nov 2004. Will I be able to take the standard deduction ? If so will it be under the US-India treaty? Please help. Regards.

Reimbursable per diem vs. employer paid per diem [ 2 Answers ]

Can you file a shortage for per diem on your taxes? If so, what basis is used to determine that difference?

1099 g standard deduction vs itemized deduction [ 3 Answers ]

Newly wed in 2009. Wife itemized her deductions on her federal return for 2008, I used the standard deduction. We both have 1099 G's in 2009 for state income tax refunds from 2008. Do both amounts have to be entered on 1040, line 10 or just the amount from my wife who itemized last year?

Deduction for per diem [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works as a truck driver and when he is paid his check stub shows gross pay and then deductions and there is a deduction for per diem. Why is this a deduction.

View more questions Search