Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aragnosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2014, 03:09 PM
    Small, painful lump on the inside of my gum, where my wisdom tooth was removed.
    Hello there,

I had my wisdom tooth removed March 24th, and a little over a month ago, I noticed that there was a "lump" near on my gum, on the inside, just under where my wisdom tooth was.

It's painful, and has soft white tissue on it. I put the wisdom tooth bit in, because I thought it was relevant, considering I didn't have it until they were removed.

I had a similar sore for a few weeks after the removal on the same gum extraction site, and I discovered that it was because a small sliver of tooth was still in the gum. After removing it, that sore cleared up in about a week.

Do you think this sore is the same? I've nervous because I've been told that Gum Cancer (oral cancer) can present with a lump on the gums.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 29, 2014, 05:57 PM
    It's time to talk to your orthodontist about this, the one that removed the wisdom teeth. We really can't tell you what's going on. It's impossible to diagnose online.

Good luck.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 29, 2014, 07:34 PM
    Probably not an orthodontist but see the dentist or oral surgeon who removed the tooth, could be a bone chip.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2014, 12:21 AM
    Most likely not the orthodontist as they do braces. You need to contact the oral surgeon who removed the wisdom teeth.
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2014, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Most likely not the orthodontist as they do braces. You need to contact the oral surgeon who removed the wisdom teeth.
    My bad. I guess it's another discrepancy between the US and Canada. My orthodontist is the one that removed my wisdom teeth, and did my braces.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2014, 03:39 PM
    Actually my bad, an orthodontist is a dentist how has a specialty doing braces. That foes not mean he can't do a filling or pull a tooth if he feels confident to do so.
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2014, 04:08 PM
    I do have to say that my wisdom teeth removal was not a simple procedure It was surgery, and was performed by my orthodontist. But perhaps he's more than just an orthodontist, but also an oral surgeon. It's been so long, I really couldn't tell you. He's long passed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth removed and now I got a heavy body pain and fever [ 1 Answers ]

I went and remove my lower right wisdom tooth and da tooth in front of it. Itz a day later now and I got a heavy body pain and extremely high fever. My entire body is sore. Could it be a flu ? If so can I get a flu injection so soon after my teeth extraction?

Wisdom tooth pulled. Gum surrounding it still swollen? Why? [ 1 Answers ]

Had my wisdom tooth pulled. Had been given me problems off and on. Now the gum surrounding it is still swollen like it used to be before it was pulled. I do smoke, and when I yearn sometimes my jaw moves and hurts the gums. What can I do for this discomfort?

Small lump inside mouth at the base of molar tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I have a lump in the back of my mouth around the next to last tooth. This is between the gum and cheek. The raised area is below the visible tooth area. When it first showed up I bought a better Water Pik and it went away and stayed away for months. It has now showed up again many months...

Very painful tooth/gum pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having persistent pain under my back tooth not long after having had a cavity repaired. That occurred more than 4 months ago. Since then the tooth has been sensitive to the point that biting down is painful. About a month ago it really hurt and became very sensitive to hot and cold. I...

Raw gum behind wisdom tooth. [ 2 Answers ]

I was brushing my teeth last night and notices that there was some blood when I spit, I rinsed well and listerined. I also use a water pik. This morning when I was brushing My gum behind my wisdom tooth was real sore, raw feeling. Could this be the beginning of an absess or should I worry about it.

View more questions Search