Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tannerje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2014, 03:00 PM
    What is typical recovery time from hip fracture pinning for a healthy 90 year old?
    My 90 year old mother (physically and mentally healthy until now), fractured her hip on Mother's Day. She is currently in a rehab facility after having a pin implanted and we are wondering about recovery time and what to expect going forward.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Going forward, hard to tell; I take care of seniors every day who have had hip replacements. It all depends on their present health, their bone health and how well she does in rehab. Sometimes an injury sets them back a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She says she loves me but she needs time.. [typical] [ 3 Answers ]

I’ve known this girl since she was 13 and I was 15 (now I am 21, she is 19). We met in a summer camp, even though we were studying at the same school, and we live 10 minutes from each other. Anyway we always got along great although we were not "best friends", buddies describes it better. We were...

Does using hand with boxers fracture slow recovery? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boxer's fracture on my right hand (I am right handed). It happened 2 nights ago. The ER Dr. straightened out the bone and the x-ray afterwards shows the bone was set nicely. I have a half cast with my thumb and first 2 fingers out. There's a little play in the cast and I can wiggle the 4th...

Elbow fracture recovery [ 0 Answers ]

My 12 year son had a radial head fracture on his left elbow five months ago. The doctors performed immediate surgery and inserted K-wire. After 41 day they removed the K-wire. The physiotherepy is being performed from the very next day of surgery. After 5 months, there is still lag of 20-25% in...

Typical jail time sentenced for probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

I was put on probation two years ago for a dui, I was suppose to get off in July 2012 but I just got a second dui. What is the typical jail time I could be facing for probation violation

Healthy Daschund now showing hip/back issues [ 1 Answers ]

My daschund has been on a diet since 7/4/07. He went from 16.5 lbs to 12. He is very active with walks and fetch. However we noticed the other night when letting him out of his crate that he didn't want to go up the stairs. He also yelped when my husband picked him up. I am not sure if the cat bit...

View more questions Search