Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SK1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2014, 07:09 AM
    Calorie intake to gain weight right?
    At the moment, my workout routine is as follows:
    Daily 3-5 mile runs
    30-40 min weight training 3 days a week
    Busy lifestyle (walking, daily jobs etc.)

I am 19, 6 foot 2, and weigh 145 pounds... basically I have a typically runners body, thin with long limbs. At the moment I intake about 2800 calories per day, and even this seems to lead to a small deficit over time. I want to be ripped, as I am very skinny, but how can I achieve this while maintaining my running? I would like to be in the 160 pounds range AT LEAST. If I upped my nutritional intake, would this help me gain some mass (muscle and fat)? What advice would someone with an interest in fitness give? And would a weekly cheat day e.g.. Not eating clean be VERY detrimental?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 28, 2014, 09:23 AM
    A weekly cheat won't be detrimental. Changing your diet to up your nutritional intake may cause mass increase but it is hard to say if that would be fat or muscle.

Muscles are odd things, they grow and get stronger only after they've been damaged via being over powered. Which is just another way to say that weight training and strength training is the best way to grow muscle mass. If you want bigger arms than more time on the arm machine. Same with legs and other muscles. Also discard the idea of weight and concentrate on a look or measurements. Someone who is the same weight and height as you could be chubby or trim like you. Muscle and fat have a different mass to volume ratio. Figure out what you want to look like and the rest will follow.
    inyang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2014, 06:59 AM
    I am getting lean everyday no matter what I eat. I gave myself one month rest yet no improvement, please what can I do to get fat?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 07:26 AM
    It could be your metabolism can handle the food that you're eating. If you want to put on weight, as in fat get chubby, the process is simple. Eat a lot and don't get a lot of exercise. The foods you want to eat should still be nutritiously balance, but you need to ingest more calories that don't have nutritious value.

Why do you want to do this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

What is the safest but the least amount of calories you should have daily. I have been cutting down my calorie intake to about 500 to 700 calorie for the last couple days. Im not sure if I should be eatting more but 1000 calories seems like a lot -- and I'm trying to lose weight. Anyhelp would be...

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

Is it safe for me totake 500 calories per day to loss weight quick

Calorie intake [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old, female and currenty weigh 76kgs. I want to lose 13kgs. I do very little exercise because I work fulltime and spend 8 hours a day standing on my feet. I am just wondering how many calories I should be eating each day to lose around 0.5kgs a week? I am also an emotional eater. At...

What should my calorie intake be-in order to lose weight for my height? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 5'2" and I recal a certain formula for calculating calorie intake FOR weight loss. I know it starts with : what is your goal weight (x) energy output = calories needed (to achieve goal. Does anyone know this formula? I really would love to know because I don't know how much I should...

View more questions Search