Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryrhino Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2014, 06:26 PM
    AOMEI Backupper Software Questions
    Hello,

I have been using AOMEI Backupper free edition. I have been doing weekly differental disk backups. I have done one system back up as well. I backed up to an external hard drive.

If doing a new system backup using that software should I do a full system backup or would a differental system backup do the same? The software offers incremental and differental backups for system. I am trying to understand why those are offered for system backups. I thought system backups should always be full backups. How often would you suggest doing full system backups?

Also would you use Backerupper to backup folders/files or would you sync them or copy them to external hard drive by copy/paste or drag and drop? I know the choice is mine just trying to get others opinions.

I want to make system restoring as simple as possible should the need ever arise.
    I only want to use free software.

Thanks for your help.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 28, 2014, 07:32 AM
    A system backup backs up your system files only to restore the system if it becomes corrupted. A full backup backs up the system and programs installed as well as saved data. After you have done the initial first full backup and several months of incremental/differential backups you can do a full backup again and then delete the older backups. A full backup takes up a lot of room that's why they offer the smaller update backups to keep the space use down. Once you make a new full backup just save the older backup data for a short period then you can delete it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How I can find the record of fifty software supplying websites to submit software? [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently started working as an seo expert on a site. I have finished some Directory Submission projects. Today I've got a project to submit software on over 50 software related site. I was beginning software associated site on Google. But all efforts are in vain. If someone knows how I can...

Will downloading apple software cause problems with any Microsoft software [ 1 Answers ]

Have downloaded Itunes software and was wondering if it would cause conflict with my other music and video files

UBS software questions [ 1 Answers ]

Goodmorning Ladies and Gentkemen I have some problems with the ubs accouting software question. They are questions based on how to use the software , Very easy & basic questions I guess. If anyone knows how to use the software. Thanks Uncle Sam

View more questions Search