Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wheelchair boun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2014, 06:21 PM
    Need help losing weight handicapped brokenneck broken back tramatic brain injury no f
    I need help losing weight I have no feeling on rightside nostarting to lose feeling in left leg have a broken neck and back tramtic brain injury wore a halo 4 3 monyhs walk with asst of walker still waling with legs braces and arm canes if walking is not it what is I eat very health. I gain 40 lbs during last 3 yrs I am going to end up in wheelchair. But I need to want to loose that weight what can I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 06:29 PM
    You have to reduce the calories in what you eat... while still eating healthy stuff. Your mobility issues reduce your caloric needs and you probibly haven't reduced what you eat by a simialr amount to adjust.

If you have access to a dietition what can go through exactly what and how much you eat and dring all day, calculate how many calories it is... and make adjustments and recommendations that will still ensure proper nutrition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss with a low back and hip injury [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I need to know what exercises I can do to help me lose the excess weight that I have gained back due to a lower back injury and left hip injury. Anything I do increases pain(even walking). My doctor says my weight is the problem and I need to lose 50+ lbs. someone help me figure out how to...

Ex-husband has brain injury [ 1 Answers ]

My children's father was in a motercycle accident. He suffered an injury to his brain stem and has since had several strokes. Somehow, his girlfriend,(an alcoholic), has managed to get full power of atty. Over him and will not let our grown children see or tslk to him. She has removed him from...

Concussion? Brain injury? [ 1 Answers ]

I was hit in the head 3 days ago, and was knocked out as a result. I didn't have any symptoms for a while, but.now I nave a headache. I have had 2 concussions in the past 6 months. No one knows about the.injury, and I can't tell anyone. What can I do to get better? What can I take to ease the...

Why is my dog losing weight at her back end? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my 9yr old staff loseing weight at her back end

After delivery back and leg pain and weight losing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am 27 years old. Before marriage my weight was 70kgs and after marriage with in 2months I put-on 5kgs then I got pregnant and total 35kgs I put-on during my pregnancy after delivery I lost 10 kgs now my weight is 100kgs. Before I use to diet and do some heavy house work which use to...

View more questions Search