Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trishis60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2014, 05:32 PM
    Can denture adhesives make you sick
    I'm getting dental implants in the lower teeth. The implants are in - 2 of them and I'm in the healing fusing stage with the permanent denture. I have uppers no problem keeping them in. The lower impossible without adhesive. I've tried every product on the market some don't work at all some for a few hours. But lately I've noticed I'm nauseated a lot. Can you get sick from adhesives?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 25, 2014, 05:40 PM
    I have never heard of it, but most people with dentures just grin and bear it, cause no alternative.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2014, 04:39 AM
    I have not heard of it, some have different tastes, most of the better ones will hold the bottoms about 5 to 6 hours. ( also depends on how often you eat) Also depends on how good the fit. I can actually wear mine with none, but harder to teach some foods without it. If yours are loose, you need to go back for a better fitting. I had to go back about 6 times to get mine to fit properly the last time.

I carry some adhesive with me, and take the bottoms out, rinse them off and put them back in about 4 or so in afternoon. Then no trouble at all.

The tops should work without any adhesive at all, if fitted correctly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a bad tooth make u sick? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a broken molar for some time now and started getting respiratory problems and nausea. Yesterday, after some probing, I forced out a huge chunk that had become loose and painful. Also, no matter how often I brushed, the breath was rancid. After this chunk came out, I went 2 sleep from the...

How Do I Make a Sick Dog Eat [ 1 Answers ]

My Dog won't eat. Yesterday my dog was taken to the vet - he has not eaten or drank in 3 days. He was throwing up grass - the vet also said their was mulch in his bowel. He was also lethargic and had sunken eyes (he was very sick). He had an x-ray (nothing serious showed) and was given liquids...

Can vaginal fluids make you sick? [ 4 Answers ]

Can vaginal fluids make you sick?

Does dental adhesives keep dentures in place? [ 1 Answers ]

Does dental adhesives help to keep dentures from moving around? Also what is the best adhesive to use?

Can video games make you sick? [ 5 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

View more questions Search