Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auntpeg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Who is responsible for tree trimming over property line in Calif?
    Who is responsible for tree trimming on property line?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2014, 03:09 PM
    The tree owner is responsible for the tree. It is unlikely the tree exactly straddles the line. It was probably planted on one side of the line, even if now spills over.

However, if any branches overhang the property line, the property owner can trim those branches.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 25, 2014, 03:20 PM
    Good neighbors talk it out. Yes, the branches hanging over the line can be cut off by the owner of the land they hang over, but that can kill the tree, or topple it in the next storm.
    The person who doesn't like the branches hanging over has to pay for any cutting if the neighbor refuses to chip in.
    There may be local ordinances in your town that add to state law, so ask, if there is a dispute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trimming a pine tree [ 4 Answers ]

My husband trimmed our two pine trees this morning and I am very concerned. Some branches are very short, I told him not to trim them down to the branch but he did it anyway. Will this burn and harm the tree in direct sunlight? Please advise, I took a photo... Thanks

Tree on property line [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large tree that was on our property and the neighbors. This tree came down in a tornado and fell on the neighbors property. We need to know if we both have Equal right to this tree as when it was standing it was on both property lines. We live in PA

In WA, who's responsible for trimming an over-hanging hedge on a property line? [ 2 Answers ]

My hedge overhangs property line. Who is responsible for neighbors side?

Tree Trimming Etiquette [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor has a very large bradford pear tree in their front yard that is planted about 5' from our property line. This neighbor does not trim this tree and the tree has overgrown so much that a large limb protrudes to our drive way over our parked cars. We have asked these neighbors in the past...

View more questions Search