Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penqui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2014, 08:00 AM
    Is 220Vac cpu allowed to plugged into 230Vac avr?
    I bought an automatic voltage regulator at OCTAGON for my CPU today, but when I got home I just found out that it is rated 230Vac, 60Hz. My CPU is rated 220Vac,60Hz, and my monitor cable is rated 225Vac,10A. Is it safe to use the AVR? Will it cause overheat to my CPU and monitor cable? Thanks for your help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2014, 10:59 AM
    220VAC no longer exists in the US, it is 240 VAC. It should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size breaker for 230VAC, 21 amps for a Dual MIG Welder [ 2 Answers ]

Chicago Electric Welding Systems Dual MIG Welder Model 97503 Welding Current=30-120 amps Input Power =230VAC, 21 amps (Peak) at 60 Hz Open Circuit Voltage (Max) 36 VAC

I bought a 3hp air compressor that requires 230vac my garage is 120? [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way I can get power to the230 vac air compressor,from the 120 volt running in my garage.like piggy backing a power line to both hot connections on the outlet. Thanks... (If not,know anybody that wants to buy a new 230 vac air compressor) ...

How can I wire 1-110vac and 1-220vac outlet on a 4 wire 220vac extension cord? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220vac 3 wire extension cord to which I wish to add a 110vac outlet as a convenience. Can this be done safely since there is no ground wire?

The fan in my CPU won't turn on when the CPU is plugged in! [ 1 Answers ]

I have an E-machine T3616 CPU, and just last night everything was working fine and then this morning I tried to turn my computer on but something was wrong. So we opened it up and found out that the fans wasn't turning on. When we turn the computer on, the fan isn't turned on. What can we do?

CPU fan works fine, until my monitor is plugged in.. then everything dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My HP Pavilion XT 936 gave me an error messge, that said my CPU fan was not working, and that it was going to shut off in 5 seconds to stop it from overheating... and it did shut right off. I took it to my techno buddy, who sat it on his desk... and of course, it worked fine... I took it home, and...

View more questions Search