Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Yes, Michelle, J_9 is correct. They don't care about levels. Even if it shows trace amounts, that is considered failing. Nothing is taken into consideration here. Clean means clean. Completely clean. That is all they care about. I know this entire process is hard for you, but they do not give out pats on the back for "almost quitting". This isn't kindergarten in which you get a gold star for trying. These guys are deadly serious about what they do for a living.

Honey, you are too old to be playing these kinds of games with yourself. A couple of us have given you some good ideas on how to deal with the stress in your life. It is time for you to stop looking for the loopholes and do something constructive for yourself. You need to take control of your situation and get yourself past having to deal with a P.O. The only way to do that is to NOT ingest ANY kind of drug. Period.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Hello again, Michelle:

I know how it works, and why. THC lodges in the fat tissue and is chelated (removed) very slowly. The drug test detects its presence or not. It doesn't measure it. Consequently, if you've smoked AT ALL, the THC will be detected. In my view, TIME (and the other method I told you about) are the only things that work.

excon

PS> You mentioned strapping a bag on your leg with clean urine. That might work for a chick, but the PO's I've tested with, always watched it emerge directly from its source.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    You mentioned strapping a bag on your leg with clean urine. That might work for a chick, but the PO's I've tested with, always watched it emerge directly from its source.
    If this is the case, you have a much bigger problem than I thought you did.

Any drug test I have ever taken, even for nursing school, I was watched. They just don't play these games anymore. They know ALL the tricks in the book.

And excon is right, I knew how THAT worked, I just did not know how the test itself works.

Any drug that causes mental inebriation (pot, alcohol, cocaine, etc... ) are highly lipid soluble so that they cross the blood-brain barrier.
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    To be honest Michelle I don't exactly know how they work. I just know that if you smoke it, it is detected. They really don't care about the level, they just care if it is in your system or not.

All they are looking for is a positive or a negative. Plain and simple.
    First, thanks for the answer, by the comment from my first test, which was my actual use, the officer looked at the results and gasped "do you do it everyday" he said with a scowl. This led me to believe that levels are detected. They must be a more expensive test, only done once at the beginning.

Apr 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
    If this is the case, you have a much bigger problem than I thought you did.

Any drug test I have ever taken, even for nursing school, I was watched. They just don't play these games anymore. They know ALL the tricks in the book.

And excon is right, I knew how THAT worked, I just did not know how the test itself works.

Any drug that causes mental inebriation (pot, alcohol, cocaine, etc...) are highly lipid soluble so that they cross the blood-brain barrier.
    Hi again, if you have time, what is the blood-brain barrier? M.
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 04:42 PM
    The blood-brain barrier is a barrier that only certain drugs can cross, such as psychotropic drugs, depressant medications, alcohol, marijuana, basically anything that makes you feel good.
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that it is able to reach your brain through your blood. So, yes, pot along with some other meds do in fact mess with the chemistry of your brain.

Apr 24, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that it is able to reach your brain through your blood. So, yes, pot along with some other meds do in fact mess with the chemistry of your brain.
    I read that pot only clouds your neurotransmitters temporarily, as opposed to alcohol killing them. Is that true, to your knowledge? M.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Pot is a drug, like any drug. It does bodily damage, period. It can be hepatotoxic, nephrotoxic, etc.

Any drug used over any period does permanent and irreversible damage to the body and its systems.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
    And for men who use pot-- there have been studies to indicate that sperm mobility and motility and shape are significantly decreased, potentially causing infertility.
    evolval138 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 10:42 AM

Oh my gosh... m medical marijuannaha huge benefits for people.. the police and the people who oppose it are all about booze cause is legal, but alcohol withdraws are the only withdraws you can die from, not to metion it is straight poision to your body and can resut in a sevr addiction. If smoking it bthers you,vaporize it and you won be smoking 75 ciggerettes, which by the way is ant pt propaganda. You want to smoke herb on probation? Go ger your medical card, and request a hearng with a judge on the matter. Then the police , your probaion officr, can do nothing.
    stevemkieninger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 11:09 AM
    One joint is the same as smoking 20 cigarettes. And just as addictive.

So, if you smoke 2 joints a day plus your 15 cigarettes, you have just smoked 75 cigarettes.

Also, do you know about the physical sexual side-effects of marijuana? If you did, you would stay as far away from it as possible.

So, if you want to stay out of jail and rehab, stay off the illegal substances.
    Smoking one joint is like smoking an entire pack of stoges.. If you have a link to this study you're talking about, please post, or if it's from a book, let's hear the title.

Maybe since marijuana burns hotter, it might be more harmful to your mouth, but in no way does marijuana do more harm to your body than cigarettes. That is simply false.

http://loopylettuce.wordpress.com/2009/09/22/marijuana-myth-–-one-joint-equals-x-amount-of-cigarettes/
    Check this out for some real facts.
    anonimity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
    I started smoking pot in 8th grade. I smoked a LOT of marijuana through middle school and all of high school. I was stoned more often than not. The entire time that I was smoking marijuana (all day every single day, usually), I was running varsity cross country and track for the schools I attended. I would go to practice high on marijuana. I was never a superstar but I was running a 17min 5k my senior year in high school, which is decent. This would NOT be the case if I had been smoking cigarettes every single day for 6 years. Marijuana is not good for your respiratory system but it does very little damage. After high school, I decided to quit. I went from smoking literally all day every day, to not smoking at all overnight without a single symptom of withdrawal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failed urine test on community corrections [ 3 Answers ]

I took a drug test for them Thursday. They said I showed positive for benzo. I have not took any drugs. I just got out of the substance abuse program in December. Was in jail for 6 months doing this program. I sure don't want to go back. I take valerian root at night to help sleep. I have read that...

Pregnancy test urine [ 3 Answers ]

Why do you have to test with morning urine. What if it's still morning BUT it's your second void of the day?

Can an ex-cheater be trusted? [ 3 Answers ]

He was married and cheated on his wife. He did get a divorce and was honest with his ex-wife about the reason. He then tried to maintain a relationship with the person he cheated on his wife with, until he realized that she was cheating on him. He was very hurt and didn't have a relationship for...

F1 to H1 passing substantial pres. Test plus married [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing insightful information at the site. Though, I am not sure about my exact situation. Here it goes: I was on F1 until May 2005 in Massachusetts and then moved to California for work on H1B (thus passing the subs. Presence test). Besides, I got married in Dec 2005 in US to...

View more questions Search