Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeiddo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2014, 07:54 PM
    Tongue Ring Infected?
    I got my tongue pierced about 6 months ago and maybe 2 days ago it started hurting a little bit on the bottom. It also looks like there's little white ring around the piercing hole on the bottom. Additional details: I have been sick for about 5 days now with a head cold, which has caused me to sleep breathing through my mouth (drying it out) and about 2 weeks ago while I was out of town the ball broke right before bed and I had no choice but to leave it out for 6 hours in order not to swallow it. I set my alarm to wake me up and the hole hadn't closed and I was able to go out that day and get a replacement. I use a steel bar with plastic balls and an inner screwing mechanism (the bar inserts into the ball and screws tight). Symptoms of my cold: runny/plugged nose, a minutely sore throat, achy body/random sharp pains in assorted areas and a pretty bad headache/ear ache (I guessed from the sinus pressure). I don't need to hear all the dangers of tongue piercings I fully understand and consented to it. I am willing to take if out/whatever else may help heal. I also usually clean each piercing/my mouth when I brush my teeth and change my piercing with aneseptic mouthwash however I've been out a while but I'm getting more tomorrow.
    chloe085 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2014, 10:32 AM
    Hi, I had a lip piercing years ago and it got infected.
    Make sure the tongue bar isn't to small and try leave it alone if I where you. Try and desolve salt water and swish it in your mouth daily for a couple of weeks.
    Skinnychickennn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    Sunshine

Sep 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
    How to Tell if a Piercing Is Infected: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 04:29 AM
    Adviseable to use salt water instead of antiseptic mouth wash. You have a minor body infection, the cold and symptoms, so this is probably ascerbating the tongue piercing. Your immune system is taking a hit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Tongue pierceing-is my tongue infected?and will the numbness go? [ 0 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced on Saturday, people said it wouldn't hurt at all but I believe it is the worst pain ever, its been 3 days and I can't eat anything all I've had is ice water.The tip of my tongue is numb and underneath there is yellow skin attached to the ball. Also my tongue is still really...

Can I use tongue ring balls on my belly ring? [ 1 Answers ]

Can the balls of tongue rings be used on belly rings? I mean the jewelry for both piercings are barbells with screwable balls.

Infected Tongue? [ 4 Answers ]

:eek:I'm asking about my tongue ring yet again. I changed it. It doesn't hurt, it gets a little tender after I eat. I have some white stuff coming out of it. Yes I know- infection. But I have a sinus infection and a lot of gunk that drains. One of my friends is a licensed piercer and he's seen it...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

View more questions Search