Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenoshasquid Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 04:27 PM
    How to find lost transcript?
    My wife wants to return to school, but the college she attended in the 1970's is now closed and she needs her transcript. Is there a clearinghouse that keeps transcripts from defunct institutions? How do we get a transcript from a closed school?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Normally when a school closes they send or have some other university take over their files, Have you checked with your states Dept of Education to see if they would know where the records went.

Apr 5, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Thanks Fr. Chuck! I will do that and report back. Happy Easter...

Tim
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Googling for the university online will generally get you another university's website, where they'll tell you how to get in touch with them for transcripts.

I worked in an admissions office for a large university, and in that entire time, I never came across a school that didn't have its records SOMEWHERE.

Good luck!

Apr 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Thanks Synnen. I'll try it. When is winter going to end for us anyway?
    peral1213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Normally when a school closes they send or have some other universtiy take over thier files, Have you checked with your states Dept of Education to see if they would know where the records went.
    Ii contacted the Texas Education Agency they told me that my record are kept at

National Institute of Technology/NIT-Dallas
    NEC Record Retention Center
    c/o Thomson Distribution Center
    10650 Toebben Drive
    Independence, KY 41051
    (859) 525-2230 ext. 5389
    [email protected] or
    [email protected]

I contacted this place my name is listed in their book of students you records they retain, however they can not find my transcript. What can I do?
    deon12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 08:08 PM
    I losted my transpits in the mail how can I get some mo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my orgasm and I want it back! Can you help me find it? [ 8 Answers ]

You see I have not had sex for well let's see... going on three years now. :eek: In my last relationship I had the best orgasms in my life. When the relationship ended I had to masturbate. I would orgasm when I masturbated. But now when I masturbate I can't get an orgasm to save my life. Is it...

So Lost Someone Help Please... [ 7 Answers ]

How can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance I only have a period every 3-5 months and when I do have one it is very light and only 3 days long I have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome...

Lost est 2.5gb in c drive&cannot find at all? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have lost est2.5gb+ in my memory have deleted some songz,ford racing 3,it made no diff it have fragd my disc ,made no diff,I don't mind if I knew what or where it went but thnkz dj

I'm lost... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close group of friends since high school.   4 years ago, my friends who were a couple broke up... Although I knew of the unspoken rule that you should never go out with your friend's boyfriend... I did. It didn't have a good ending. 9 months later, he broke up with me... stating the...

View more questions Search