Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robindickens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2014, 04:44 AM
    Is these career assessments tools are good?
    Hello my name is Robin I want to know about career assessment tools, What are they and how they are effective to choose a career that works for our child?

Please help...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 23, 2014, 05:06 AM
    Which ones would they be... the quality of them could vary considerably from one to the next according to the skill and ability of the people that create them.

Also how old is the child? Its useless to use these on a 10 year old as interestes, skills and aptitudes will change as they mature....but you should be narrowing down things by high school to be sure they are taking the right curriculum for the final decision when its made.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2014, 07:03 AM
    And people change, the issue with many, they judge skills, not dreams. A career will be a job, unless they enjoy and want to do it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2014, 07:52 AM
    Yes, like smoothy asked, how old is the child? Career assesment tools include interest tests and the Myers-Briggs test. High school and community colleges will provide them for free or at a low cost. These two tests help a student figure out and name his personal strengths (is a people person or a loner, likes to work with his hands, etc.) which will then possibly tie into a career choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is dance a good career? [ 10 Answers ]

Im 18 years old, I graduated this year from high school and Im planning to go to college in January the thing is that I'm having a problem with choosing a career, I want to know if the dance career is good? I don't have much experience I just took one year of dance in my senior year and that helped...

Dancer: A Good Career? [ 2 Answers ]

Is a dancer a good career

Is a career change good for me now? [ 2 Answers ]

I just started a job in July (after being laid off for 11 months). A friend suggested I apply for a position at her company (even though it technically isn't open). Will this be a good career/financial move for me? Thank you! :)

What is a good career [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old female and I want a college career. My problem is that I'm a afriad I will go to college, graduate and not be able to find a job in my field. I was thinking to getting an accocietes degree as a dental hygienist. I researched it on Monster.com and found NO JOBS in austin, Texas...

View more questions Search