Ask
    tamykeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2014, 06:34 PM
    How do I find a person by a picture
    I need to find some one tha I have only a picture of it
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 06:41 PM
    Where do people get this idea that's even possible. And why do you even need to find someone if you don't have a clue what their name is... and if you don't know their name... WHY would they even want you to find them. Only a stalker would do that.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 06:42 PM
    If it's a fairly well known person, you can use Google image search but other than that, you can't find someone by a picture. Why do you need to find them anyway?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2014, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Where do people get this idea that's even possible. And why do you even need to find someone if you don't have a clue what their name is... and if you don't know their name... WHY would they even want you to find them. Only a stalker would do that.
    Very good questions. I'll be curious to see if they are answered.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
    Finding someone with just a picture online, is almost impossible, unless they're very well known, and the picture you have already exists online. The same picture. And that picture is on a site that does search by picture, and actually has that picture on their site. Most of those sites have only a tiny percentage of the pictures online on their site.

You'd have a better chance finding a needle in a haystack.

I too have to ask why you don't know who this person is. You have his/her picture, so surely you must know them if you're that desperate to find them. At least a name, location, age. Something. Not just a picture.

It's really creepy that you're trying to find someone you obviously don't know, just because you have a picture of them. Gives me the creeps.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 07:29 PM
    Well...I can think of 2 reasons that would cause someone to want to find someone based on a picture. 1) They are a stalker. 2) They are being scammed by a dating scammer andthey want to see if the picture the scammer sent them is really who they are claiming it to be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 22, 2014, 11:31 PM
    There is no real way for a average person to find the name of someone, from just a photo. If you trying to find the name of a movie star or some famous person, it may be.

Even the police do not have or use that type of ID on any normal basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find person using its picture [ 2 Answers ]

How to find a person with his picture only?

Find name of this person on the picture? [ 3 Answers ]

I only have his picture. Can I get his name and state he lives in with a picture?

To find a person with just a picture [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need help finding a person who I saw and I don't know his name because I didn't ask him but I have a picture of him and to be honest I really want to get to know that person please someone help me find that person or help me find his name because he is really important in my life. If you help...

How can I find the name of a person only by having his/her picture? [ 8 Answers ]

How can I find the name of a person only by having his/her picture?

Find a person by picture [ 16 Answers ]

Sorry, how I can find a person, if I have only his picture, no name, no address, its long story but matter life or death for me

View more questions Search