Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoulWatch Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
    Spitting blood
    Hi I'm 17 years old and iv'e been smoking for about 6 or 7 years (it's legal here since no one actually cares in this country)
    Every time I sleep and wake up I spit blood in the sink
    I only spit blood after I wake up
    I hate doctors and hospitals so much so I only go if my condition is extremely bad
    I sometimes get chest pain but I have no idea what's wrong with me and the only thing scaring me is lung cancer
    Is it possible that I have it?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:54 AM
    Sure it's possible...but...you can't be diagnosed online. What you're talking about could be anything. It could be from your teeth, your sinuses, your lungs...go get checked.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 11:00 AM
    Well what would be worse than spitting up blood? Actually coughing so hard a lung plops out on the ground in front of you?

Yes that's a bit graphic , but honestly... blood isn't supposed to be leaking out anywhere for no reason. When it is you need to find out why... if you cut a finger, its obvious why... if you go to poop, and blood comes out , its time to worry, if you cough up blood, its time to worry.

Let a doctor examine you and tell you why. And decide it its serious or not.

THere are many serious conditions that can be cured if caught early enough. How can you catch any of them early enough if you don't see a doctor?

As was stated... its impossible to diagnose such a thing online... Go see a doctor.

May 22, 2014, 11:23 AM
    Thanks...

Feb 24, 2015, 09:56 AM
    I have checked out my condition and thank god it was just a minor gum infection
    Thank you for answering
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 24, 2015, 05:38 PM
    Good to hear it was nothing major.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood during sex and heavy blood excretionswith blood lumps after sxe [ 1 Answers ]

I was in da middle of having sex when da bleeding started then later it increased . I was feeling xo dizzy but now t has stop what should I do

Ac spitting out water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small 5000 BTU window ac. It started spitting water out the top and making noise. I noticed it after we had a heavy rain last night. I do not detect any freon smell. Could it just be from the rain?

Spitting blood [ 1 Answers ]

This happens to me randomly and never thought it's a big deal since I feel pretty healthy. I am mid 20s and healthy physically. Once a while I get this warm feeling in my throat (or right behind or above my throat). It feels like it's dripping to my throat or to my mouth until I realize by taste...

Why is my baby spitting up so much? [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old baby this is his feeding schdule: Morning: 7 ounce bottle of formula Noon: 2-3 tablespoons of cereal mixed with juice, 5 ounce bottle of formula Afternoon: 7 ounce bottle of formula Night: 1 jar of fruit, half jar of veggies (or vice versa), 5 ounce bottle of...

Spitting Blood [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I I live in Japan and she has a problem that has persisted despite thorough medical exams here and in her home country. In the morning she spits small spots of coagulated blood, usually about the size of a pin head, sometimes a little larger, but not in any great volume. She has...

View more questions Search