Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hanigan_clover Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2014, 09:29 AM
    There is one phrase in each sentence that is either prepositional, participial, or an
    There is one phrase in each sentence that is either prepositional, participial, or an infinitive phrase. Underline the phrase and then write the type on the line. 1. Helping build a fence, Emily learned about construction._______________. 2. She and her father started in the morning._______________. 3. Emily struggled to use the power drill._______________. 4. Her father set the posts in concrete.______________.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 09:36 AM
    We won't do homework here. Not only are we not allowed to do it but it would be unfair to the person asking because if we do it, they will not learn. All we are allowed to do is help. Helping is not just giving answers out.

You will need to look up the definitions of each type of phrase you are looking for and then see how they apply to the sentences in question.

With that said, I think it was unfair for Emily's father to expect so much from her...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2014, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    With that said, I think it was unfair for Emily's father to expect so much from her...
    I think Emily should have set the posts in concrete herself. How else can a girl learn except by doing it herself?
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 09:58 AM
    Well, I am assuming that Emily is really young. I was appalled when I read that he made her use a power drill!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2014, 09:59 AM
    Well, I am assuming that Emily is really young. I was appalled when I read that he made her use a power drill!
    I heard she's 18 and still living at home, but wants to build her own house with a special playroom annex for her five cats.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I heard she's 18 and still living at home, but wants to build her own house with a special playroom annex for her five cats.
    I think it's a special playroom... but it wasn't for her cats. Homeless people started disappearing in the area... and were never seen again.

Yes, I've probibly watched Hostel a few times too many.

May 22, 2014, 10:26 AM
    We won't do homework here. Not only are we not allowed to do it but it would be unfair to the person asking because if we do it, they will not learn. All we are allowed to do is help. Helping is not just giving answers out.

You will need to look up the definitions of each type of phrase you are looking for and then see how they apply to the sentences in question.

Don't just go around assuming things! I did the work but my dad lost the answer key and we've been looking since Tuesday! Instead of saying we don't do homework here how about you just not answer the question! Jeez...
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanigan_clover View Post
    Don't just go around assuming things! I did the work but my dad lost the answer key and we've been looking since Tuesday! Instead of saying we don't do homework here how about you just not answer the question! Jeez...
    Well, since YOU didn't post your work, or any answer at all... we CAN assume you didn't actually do it at all.

If "dad" lost it...then you did it once....and you should remember what the answers were.We don't hand out the answers to homeork assignments...that is one of the rules for this site.....another rule is you aren't allowed to be rude to people.

Gee, why don't I believe you.....two days looking for the answer you supposedly did but can't remember, when you could probibly look it up in your textbook and figure it out again in less than half an hour.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:32 AM
    How about if you tell us YOUR answers, and we will tell you if you are right or wrong.

May 22, 2014, 10:34 AM
    How about if you tell us YOUR answers, and we will tell you if you are right or wrong.
    If your not going to help me out than I suggest that you stop commenting... that is if you don't want to get reported!

May 22, 2014, 10:36 AM
    One last thing. I don't recall being told we can't do homework.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:39 AM
    Apparently that would be too much like work.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:40 AM
    One last thing. I don't recall being told we can't do homework.
    If you bothered to read the site rules, particularly for homework... its clearly written.

May 22, 2014, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Well, since YOU didn't post your work, or any answer at all... we CAN assume you didn't actually do it at all.

If "dad" lost it...then you did it once....and you should remember what the answers were.We don't hand out the answers to homeork assignments...that is one of the rules for this site.....another rule is you aren't allowed to be rude to people.

Gee, why don't I believe you.....two days looking for the answer you supposedly did but can't remember, when you could probibly look it up in your textbook and figure it out again in less than half an hour.
    I never saw the answer key! I did the work, now my dad needs to correct it for me! If u aren't allowed to be rude to people than why are you being so rude to me? I'm only 9! Gosh
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:42 AM
    I never saw the answer key! I did the work, now my dad needs to correct it for me! If u aren't allowed to be rude to people than why are you being so rude to me? I'm only 9! Gosh
    What are your answers? We know the correct answers.
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:45 AM
    Nobody was being rude to you. You are the one that came in here being all nasty and making up stories about doing the work. If you did it, you would probably remember it.

And really...did you say you were going to report someone? LOL! Go ahead, knock yourself out. On the other hand, Wondergirl will actually try to help you despite the attitude you already gave her. Me? I'm done. I won't put any effort into helping anyone with an attitude.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:47 AM

If you don't understand the answers to this question... how are you supposed to build on it... Until you understand all the work for this year... you will not be ready for the work of next year... you might not like it... but that's how education works... Until you understand basic math, you won't be ready for geomety, until you understand geometry you won't be ready to understand Algebra, until you understand algebra you won't be ready for Calculus.

Cheating doesn't enable you to understand the topic... every time you cheat then next step becomes more and more difficult to understand until you fail the class because there are too many things you never learned to understand along the way. That is true for every subject in school.

That's not being mean... thats not being rude... thats helping you not make the mistakes you will pay for in the future.

Since you didn't read the rules for homework... here is a link to them... just click it and read it for yourself. No need to take my word they exist.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/readin...-b-u-font.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:58 AM
    I was a teacher. My students had to show me their work before I could correct it. I didn't just hand them the answers.
    Entomology Expert

May 22, 2014, 11:03 AM
    I was a teacher. My students had to show me their work before I could correct it. I didn't just hand them the answers.
    She didn't do the work, it's obvious she was just looking for free answers. She is gone now, probably trying to find a way to report us for posting and not giving her the answers.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 11:05 AM
    Yeah... if she did the work she would rememebr the answers... she only "lost them" two days ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English Sentence To Sanskrit Sentence Translation [ 0 Answers ]

Our school has classes from 1st to 12th. Our school is located in Sadashivnagar , Bangalore. There are 3000 students in our school.

How I can change english sentence to bengali sentence for free? [ 1 Answers ]

The day I saw u last time you were slim but now...

Prepositional Pharses [ 2 Answers ]

:)Ii Have This Honework Assignment And Ii Need Help. Does Anyone Know A Website Thst You Can Put In A Problem Or Homework Question And They Give You The Answer??:confused:

Grammar: prepositional phrases and ing verbs [ 1 Answers ]

Is the following sentence correct? It sounds very awkward to me: ----- Wilson's live talks routinely draw 300 to 600 people, with them literally driving eight hours one way to see him. ----- Naturally "with them" refers back to the people, but this sounds to me like the person who wrote...

View more questions Search