Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaarthik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2014, 11:59 PM
    Air Pressure Switch
    What is the function of Air pressure switch in a compressor?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Shuts off the compressor when it reaches the set point. Hope this wasn't homework, we do not answer those questions.
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

May 22, 2014, 01:46 PM
    It depends some on the compressor. Some smaller units it actually turns the motor off & on as need to maintain pressure setting. In many larger units it indirectly closes the cylinder exhaust valves so the cylinders create compression and then releases the valves so there is no compression when pressure is reached, but the motor stays running. It is referred to as loading and unloading. In a multi-stage compressor you can actually hear the stages load or unload(valves in that stage closing or opening) I have worked on units that have multiple stages and the pressure switch itself has multiple stages to control the valves when the stages are needed or not needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heil gas furnace--replace air pressure switch but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Model NTGM075EGA3 Heil gas furnace I replaced the air pressure switch per serviceman advice but am not sure if the furnace is supposed to automatically startup ? It didn't. How do I know if it has a pilot light? I see no pilot button to push. This furnace is about 12years old. If it has a hot...

Heating air pressure switch [ 3 Answers ]

On the central heating boiler there is this air pressure switch at the chimney fan (Vaillant ThermoCompact), what is the reason to have two air sensing hoses connected to this pressure switch. Would have thought it only needed one ?

Air pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

If a air pressure fails and the fan stays on what will happen at the next demand.will ignition sequence complete or not.

Air pressure for sq. d switch [ 2 Answers ]

Speedball1 Thanks for the reply. I suspect that there is a blockage in the line to the switch. This is what I want to check first .but when I remove the sw. I will loose the air pressure from the air tank, right? Now I will need to replace the air. Can I buy a air canister from say home depot or...

Replaced air pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

My Goodman Gas Furnace diagnostic light indicates a faulty air pressure switch or restricted air supply vent. Vent appears clear, vent motor assembly works. I replaced the air pressure switch but the diagnostic light still indicates the same problem. Is there a reset switch or means of resetting...

View more questions Search