Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhi0625 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2014, 05:02 PM
    Change of address, uscis
    Hi,

I am a citizen of India. I filed my I-140 in 2012. 6th H1-B expired in Feb 2013. I-140 got approved in May 2013. I moved to India in Jan 2013. However I have since moved to Australia as a permanent resident (July 2013).

Before moving I changed my address to a relative's address who still lives in the US. I did so because, I was going to India at the time awaiting the outcome of my I-140 application and didn't want any important correspondences to get lost.
    Also my Australian PR wasn't approved yet and I didn't have an Australian address.

I need to update my address with the USCIS.

USCIS has a requirement where "one has to notify the USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving". Does the 10 day requirement apply only when you are within the US of even after you have left the country?

How and where do I file for a change of address. I can't file the Online AR-11 because it only applies to people who are still living in the US? Also the form asks for the A-number. Since I do not have a A-number what should I put in there. I do have a I-140 approval notice receipt number? It also asks for the date of entry into the US. Would that be the most recent entry of the first date of entry (lived in the US for 13 years, multiple entry and exit dates, vacations)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 21, 2014, 09:11 AM
    You can simply send USCIS a letter, stating the change of address and other related information using your case number.
    abhi0625 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    You can simply send USCIS a letter, stating the change of address and other related information using your case number.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query. I was a bit scared that USCIS may ask me why I haven't done so within 10 days of leaving the US. But I guess that requirement is only for people living in the US. Could you please confirm that?

Also do you know if I should send the letter to the address on the form AR11 which is:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    Citizenship and Immigration Services
    Attn: Change of Address
    1344 Pleasants Drive
    Harrisonburg, VA 22801

Or to:

National Visa Center
    Attn:WC
    31 Rochester Avenue
    Suite 200
    Portsmouth, NH, 03281-2915

Many thanks in Advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't change my ip address [ 12 Answers ]

Past few time my modem can't change ip.I can ping,release,renew.But my ip address still do not changes.I think because my first four numbers is 78.68 but it should be 192.168.I tried manually configuring,from default gateway site release renewing,reseting modem.And I do not know how to change my ip...

What should I write on my cover letter to USCIS for my change of status? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning to have a change of status from B2 to F1 and I need to write a cover letter to USCIS explaining why they should approve me for my change of status. I just want to know what should I write on the letter for me to be able to convince them to approve my change of status. Thank you.:)

IP Address - any way to change? [ 10 Answers ]

This may be the wrong forum, if so I apologize, didn't really know where it would fit. Question -- is there some way to present a different IP address when loggine into a site? Thanks for your help.

Can't change my ip address.. Help... [ 7 Answers ]

Help me please cause I can't change my ip address... When I try to ipconfig /renew from ms-dos, "An error occured while renewign interface Local Area Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search