Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skmecham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2014, 12:52 PM
    My ask price is below the ask price displayed online
    I have only been in the stock market for a few months. Things have been going good until I recent decided to try a penny stock. Bad idea. I am in a stock that currently has a bid of about .37 cents and it shows an ask of .39 cents. The problem is I have been trying to sell for a few days at ranges between .33 and .39 cents. The stocks most recent price keeps jumping up to .39, 40 and even .41 cents as different transactions take place. My stock is not selling however, and I am asking only .37 cents! Why is my stock not showing up in the ask price, and not selling when people asking more are selling theirs? The problem is not quantity because the .40 and .41 cent sales were similar to my quantity. I also don't have it set to all or none. I am with Ameritrade. What is going on? Why can't I sell this stock?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 20, 2014, 03:56 PM
    The dirty little secret of penny stocks: often the actual trades are managed by brokers who are convincing one of their clients to buy while at the same time convincing another client to sell - often at a lower price (and guess who pockets the difference). So it may be that the sales you see on line are not "arms length" deals that you can jump in to, but rather prearranged swaps that you have no access to. Often you'll see disclaimers on broker statements that they "make a market" in the stock - that's your clue that the game is rigged, and it's not in your favor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2014, 07:25 PM
    Ahh, yes, penny stocks, I remember when Radio Shack as a penny stock and my friend became a millionaire. Lol, I did not do to bad either. Of course I own enough oil and energy investment stock that is worthless. Many trades are not done that easy, and those there may be 1ooos trying to sell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The price of a swimming pool has been discounted 16.5%. The sale price is $1,210.75 [ 3 Answers ]

The price of swimming pool has been discounted 16%.the sale price is $1, 210.75. Find the original list price of the pool

Rental Renewal Letter quotes me 1 price, during lease signing it's another price [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In May I received a renewal letter that quoted me a monthly renewal price of $1560 / month. A few weeks before receiving this letter my wife and I went around the area to see the prices for other apartments. We found a few places that had more square footage but for $20 more a month....

Purchase price vs the listing price on a Fannie Mae HOMEPATH house [ 2 Answers ]

How much lower can you offer as a purchase price vs the listing price on a Fannie Mae HOMEPATH house. It is foreclosed. Many houses in neighborhood on the market, many foreclosures in the area. We live in Winston Salem, NC. Obviously we want to buy the house for as little as possible.

Goods on consigment out at sale price ( including gross profit 50% of selling price) [ 1 Answers ]

This goods should be included in who's inventory. Having on mind that goods on consingment in belong to the consigner.

View more questions Search