Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xena530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Calling police on spouse
    Should I call the police on my spouse and file a report if he takes all the phones out of the house with out my consent??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
    There has to be more to this story.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xena530
    Should I call the police on my spouse and file a report if he takes all the phones out of the house with out my consent??
    You or a friend? Hmmm, the plot thickens.

xena530 disagrees: I'll check by calling the local police it is for a friend
    First he is taking the phones out of the house without YOUR consent, now you say it is for a friend.

Also, no reason to disagree with me because we need to hear the whole story to formulate an answer.

Maybe you did something to him to warrant him taking the phones out of the house. Like have a boyfriend that you call while he is at work.

Or maybe he is controlling and abusive.

But we don't know that do we? You did not give us that info did you?

So, why disagree with me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Why is he talking them, does he own them, if so they are his to take.
    And people just don't take phones for the fun of it, why are they taking the phones ? This makes the difference of if you can call the police, if this is also his home, he may be free to take the phones.

So as noted, there is more to the story, just taking the phones out of your own home ( you said they were married) is not grounds to call the police.

Answer why, and what is going on, and that may be grounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Police brutality? [ 3 Answers ]

So, in my town, a friend was shot to death because, according to the paper, he had a psychiatric episode and threatened the cops with a 2-1/2-inch knife. They shot him in the chest sevel times. He dies 10 minutes later, begging for help. They shot him after two minutes of arguing. What do you think?

Screenplay: Police Ask for ID [ 2 Answers ]

I'm writing a screenplay. Here's the situation, and the legal question(s) that arise from it. I have a character who is suspected of art theft. He has not been charged. It turns out he is out of town. A police detective, who has come to question him questions a neighbor who lives in the same...

Police Department [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that I could not be hired for a position at the local police department (City X, North Carolina) because I have a judgement sitting on my credit report. Why do they do that? I meet all other qualifications, and when I ask the reason isn't that I am not capable, but because I have...

View more questions Search