Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alan Barysh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Why are Vegans so self centered
    Why is it that questioning the self centered nature of vegans gets such angry answers? If vegans spent half their time ending all the evils on this earth they would be okay. But no they walk around in questionable mental health looking as sick as ghosts and weep and moan about animals when a woman is raped every sixty seconds! So why do vegans want to distract people from real issues?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 19, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Nutrition IS a real issue. I disagree with the Vegan conclusions about it, but they are walking the walk (LOL, while they can). Lack of manners and intolerance of other viewpoints is another issue; one most of them(and it seems like you) would benefit by addressing in their day to day lives. Some Vegans are nice people.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
    Its hunger... If I didn't get any meat... I'd be an angry person too.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 19, 2014, 05:11 PM
    According to the biologists, I personally am designed to derive sustenance from plant AND animal tissue. Until somebody figures out the photosynthesis thing, I will continue to do so.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 19, 2014, 05:15 PM
    That's a pretty broad statement though, don't you think? All vegans are self centered? Where is your proof to this?

In your other thread you talk about cults and government agencies using vegan diets as a mind control and torture method....is there something we aren't seeing here?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 19, 2014, 05:20 PM
    Alan... have you had some run-ins with some people who happen to be vegans?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2014, 07:13 PM
    Being vegan is just a dietary choice. I wouldn't want to be one, but often the motivation is compassion for animals. I don't see that as selfish. Your conclusions make no sense. Do you think not being vegan helps rape vctims?

I hear these arguments a lot. Like when asked to donate a dollar at a pet store to help animal shelters, a lady in line replied "I think it is more important to feed hungry kids". I felt like asking her, "Oh is that what you are planning to do with that dollar?" Usually when people criticize a well meaning act by claiming it is not as important as a different one , the critic isn't dong either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous or just self centered [ 0 Answers ]

My husband got mad because our 22 year old son made his supper plate before my husband got into the kitchen as he was talking on the phone. This happens a lot my husband is a truck driver and gone a lot but even before that he act jealous or selfish always wants to be in control and is usually very...

Shower tap not centered [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, we are having a new shower head and tap put in our stand up shower, the original shower head and tap were centered. Since the installation of the new one , the shower head is centered but the tap is over to one side. We were told that this is because whoever built the shower has a stud going...

Cut off centered [ 1 Answers ]

I have a series 1993 $20 bill that is not centered on the front the left side is cut off and there is a small piece showing of the next bill on the right. The back is centered correctly. Is this bill worth anything?

Pillow not centered [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 24 foot above ground pool. We recently closed it for the winter. However, with high winds in our region, the pillow has moved to the edge of the poll and we can't seem to push it back to the center because there is ice on our pool cover. With the pillow not being centered, will this cause...

Selfish, self-centered boyfriend=selfish, self-centered husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has done many things to hurt me. To begin, he lied about who he was when we were dating. We were young and in college; he pretended to not smoke, get drunk, and go to church regularly. Thus, we seemed to have so much in common. We talked for hours; he swept me off my feet with...

View more questions Search