Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kittycatchloee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2014, 03:55 AM
    Easy songs to learn on acoustic guitar
    So my dads been teaching me some guitar chords (I'm pretty good at D,G,F and E minor) I want to learn a song, but I don't know any easy ones. I want some newer songs (no Beatles etc) thanks :)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 19, 2014, 01:19 PM
    Most Libraries have tons of music books, chord only. You need to learn "C". That is part of an easy 3 chord progression C-F-G. Many songs are in those chords. D-A-E is another as is E-A-B7.
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 30, 2014, 12:59 AM
    Royals by Lorde
    I Knew You Were Trouble by Talyor Swift (You don't have to tune down as directed in the video. Just realize that you will be in a different key, if you don't tune down. You can still use the same chords.)
    Love Interruption by Jack White (chart)
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 30, 2014, 10:45 AM
    ... by the way, many songs are written diatonically, meaning that all the chords are in the key of the song. The diatonic chords (3 part harmony) in the key of C major are C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim. A beginning musician should be able to play these major and minor chords. (You hardly ever see the diminished chord used in songs). Just put these chords together, sing/play a melody in the key of C - play only natural notes (no sharps no flats) - and you are on your way to your own song written in the key of C.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acoustic guitar [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking at a number of acoustic guitars for sale. Im deciding between Ibanez, yamaha, and fender, all around the 300 dollar range. Please let me know what you think and what brand is the best quality.

Beginner Acoustic Guitar [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent starter guitar? I'm looking to spend $100-150 on something. I've never played, but have had an interest in learning for many years. I've noticed several guitars at Guitar Center in my price range, but can't seem to identify from their...

How do you play the Dadd6add9 chord on acoustic guitar? [ 1 Answers ]

I am just learning to play guitar, and I don't know how to read tabs. So can you tell me where to position my fingers on the fret, And also, importantly, tell me which strings to strum? (I have to know or I can't play the note). Thank you.

Acoustic guitar chords [ 4 Answers ]

I want to find a free site where I can print of guitar chords. I am taking online lessons but can't find anywhere that has the guitar chords so I can print off and refer to them later if needed. Can anyone help please bless you if you do.

Acoustic guitar [ 3 Answers ]

Helloooo Does anyone know any good acoustic guitars that are good for beginners but aren't too pricey?

View more questions Search