Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emzez456 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2014, 08:48 PM
    How can I tell if a popular guy likes me if I'm not all that popular?
    So I'm in 8th grade, and I want to know if this popular guy likes me when I'm not popular. He's the cutest guy in the grade and somehow I feel like he likes me.sometimes I catch him glancing at me. And when I catch him then he looks away.
    One time when my friend got hurt we where talking to the teacher for awhile and then she said that we could go to the nurse to I went with her. On the way out of the classroom, because he was by the door, he asked us what happened. And he almost sounded like he was worried. He looked at my friend when he said it, then he looked at me. We both didn't say anything, we kept walking. We where surprised that he asked that that we didn't know what to say so we didn't say anything at all. We where surprised that he seemed to care, I think. Idk if it was out of curiosity or not.
    Sometimes I feel like he's nervous around me. But yet it seems like when I'm talking, he's listening in. He's never really talked to me before. I texted him like a little awhile ago but that was it. What do u guys think? Do u think he likes me? Please comment!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2014, 08:51 PM
    It's hard to say. He could just be being nice.

I know from when I was in school...popular kids wouldn't really hang out with unpopular kids...know what I'm saying here?

May 17, 2014, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It's hard to say. He could just be being nice.

I know from when I was in school...popular kids wouldn't really hang out with unpopular kids...know what I'm saying here?

Ya. I'm not friends with him. I was texting him for fun. It's been like since like October.
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2014, 09:03 PM
    Maybe just stop worrying if he "likes" you right now and just see about being friends....try talking a little and see what happens.

May 17, 2014, 09:04 PM
    Maybe just stop worrying if he "likes" you right now and just see about being friends....try talking a little and see what happens.

Do u mean I should try texting him?
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2014, 09:05 PM
    Try talking to him...for real...in real life...when you see him...

May 17, 2014, 09:08 PM
    It's not as easy as it looks... If u saw what he looked like then you would have a different opinion. If I try talking to him then people will start gossiping and saying that I like him. Somebody started a rumor like that in like November, they where saying that I liked him when I really didn't and then people kept asking me. I don't think he would like talking to me anyway. He's too caught up with his friends and hanging out with the popular girls.
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2014, 09:14 PM
    Then you've answered your own question without really thinking about it....

You asked if he likes you...now you say you don't think he would like to talk to you and he's too caught up with friends and popular girls. So where does this leave you? I guess after saying this stuff, it doesn't really matter if we think he likes you or not, does it? You've already decided that he's out of your league by what you posted here so then move on and forget about him.

Listen, you're in 8th grade, forget about who likes who and all that...be a kid for a while. You will have plenty of time to worry about this liking stuff when you get older. You will only be a kid for a little while longer, enjoy it now while you can because you can never go back. So be a kid, no worrying about who likes you...

May 17, 2014, 09:22 PM
    Then you've answered your own question without really thinking about it....

You asked if he likes you...now you say you don't think he would like to talk to you and he's too caught up with friends and popular girls. So where does this leave you? I guess after saying this stuff, it doesn't really matter if we think he likes you or not, does it? You've already decided that he's out of your league by what you posted here so then move on and forget about him.

Listen, you're in 8th grade, forget about who likes who and all that...be a kid for a while. You will have plenty of time to worry about this liking stuff when you get older. You will only be a kid for a little while longer, enjoy it now while you can because you can never go back. So be a kid, no worrying about who likes you...

Ya that's very true... He's really cute. U should see what he looks like. It's kind of funny. Sometimes to me though he's like one of those popular guys that is nicer in a way, and like there's that one girl that will bring the good guy out. I'm not saying he's mean but I think that he's one of those guys who might be hiding the good guy inside just to fit in. One way he was fitting in was he dated this popular girl and she was pretty but after they finally broke up, cause they would break up and get back together so many times, he said that he never really liked he that much. Which is mean, but I think it was true.
    My friend who is like friends with him said that like once you get to know him that he's nice and he doesn't mean to hurt your feelings. Do u think he could just be a jerk or could he be nice?
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2014, 09:34 PM
    I don't know him so I can't say. I've told you pretty much all I can tell you. You won't talk to him so there really is no point in worrying about it.

May 17, 2014, 09:43 PM
    I'm way to afraid to talk to him in person. If I did, what would I say? I don't have very many guy friends so it's hard for me to talk to guys like him. The only guys I talk to are mainly at church at my youth group.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 18, 2014, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emzez456 View Post
    I'm way to afraid to talk to him in person. If I did, what would I say? I don't have very many guy friends so it's hard for me to talk to guys like him. The only guys I talk to are mainly at church at my youth group.
    You would say the same thing you'd say if you text him. You said yourself you don't think he likes you.
    He may be a nice guy and that's all. Sounds like you have a 8th grade crush. Don't get yourself worked up over him.

May 18, 2014, 06:10 AM
    I wish I didn't.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2014, 09:31 AM
    The "Popular crowd" is really little more than a clique. And Cliques in school are all about everyone thinking alike or they toss them out... and you really need to be careful because sometimes they will single out someone that's not popular to sucker them in to play games with. Once in a while one of them might be nice because they have a heart... but they won't risk being ostracized by their "friends". Saw it way too many times... don't have a reason to believe anythings changed since then. People usually grow out of these types of behavior not long after high school and discover the real world doesn't work the same way they were used to.

You do have a certain degree of that afterwards... but they really are not as superficial as the ones from school were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this popular guy and he likes me too [ 1 Answers ]

This guy I like is popular and I'm shy and semi popular, he's. Dating my best friend and he told me before he started dating her that he only liked her as a friend, I don't understand? But he texted me saying he liked me but didn't want to be in a relationship. Even the guy I likes best friend...

Popular Guy Asked me out! [ 9 Answers ]

See after school was out for summer break, a really cute, popular guy asked me out. I was sooooo happy. But a week later he broke up wit me through a text message. Do u think that was right? Im thirteen. Do u think I should chase after him and try to get him to like me again? I don't know why he...

I like this really popular guy but I don't know if he likes me [ 5 Answers ]

I like this really popular guy but I am just like in the middle. Definitely not unpopular but not exactly "popular" And I sometimes see him glancing at me, but like I just met him this year so I don't know him that well. We've like never talked. I like to believe that he likes me, but I just don't...

Being liked by a popular guy [ 6 Answers ]

He told me he liked me, and asked me how to pursue me. But he is a very popular guy in my college. He is handsome, sociable, and smart. Lots of girls like him. I never looked serious when facing his questions, for I am not confident to be his girlfriend. Last relationship really kicked my , and I...

View more questions Search