Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmsimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2014, 02:24 AM
    Dental crown
    Hello everyone.

I had my root canal done on my bicuspid tooth last month. What I have heard and learnt is that a dental crown is a must after RCT, but my dentist suggests that I don't need one and my tooth will be fine. In fact she said food will accumulate around the crown and will cause infection.
    I am still confused, although m happy that my money is saved but is it true that in some cases one doesn't needs a crown?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2014, 03:40 AM
    Dentist is correct but her perception that food will accumulate around the crown and cause infection is out of line. Of course, cleaning around a crown has to be diligent, I have had crowns for years and there has been no problem. I also have one tooth that was root canalled, and yes, no crown. Yes, be happy you are saving some money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental surgery cost crown lengthening [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a crown lengthening?

Smell from a new dental crown [ 1 Answers ]

I got a new crown about a month ago. When I massage my gums, I smell and taste something bad emanating from the crown area. It's not a very strong taste or smell but it really bothers and worries me. I do not remember but I think the tooth had a cavity that was filled before the crown was placed...

How to fix dental crown [ 1 Answers ]

Very top of a gold crown came off.. just want to know about a good and rather perm solution as this is a 10 year old crown and has came off twice, Seems like the dentist just cleans it out good and uses an adhesive. Any suggestions would be helpful.. no pain involved with this and don't want to...

Crown lengthening surgery vs. Dental implants [ 1 Answers ]

I just read the discussion on crown lengthening surgery, but apparently the thread is now closed, so I'm starting it again. My situation is this: I have to decide whether to get crown lengthening surgery OR dental implants. I've read about both procedures, but still can't decide. Can anyone...

View more questions Search