Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendy greenman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2014, 10:04 PM
    Head injury?
    My son banged his head 7-8 hours ago. At first he was dizzy with a bad headache. After relaxing for awhile he felt better. He is now complaint of a bd headache again.. Can I just give him Tylenol/Motrin and watch him for the evening? He is 11 yrs old and 120 lbs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2014, 05:40 AM
    How hard is "banged" his head. Is there marks, bleeding? How easy does child complain ?

Only you know the seriousness as to need for medical attention or now
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 17, 2014, 05:52 AM
    A bad sign is sleepiness shortly after hitting the head. Other than that, it's difficult to judge. If you decide to just give him Tylenol for several hours and wait, keep an eye on him. Check his ability to focus his eyes, reports of double or blurry vision (but don't put suggestions in his head), and see if he can move his neck. Call the family doctor and leave a message.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
    What part of his head did he hit? If it is a severe headache, best to contact his doctor to make them aware and follow their recommendation.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2014, 01:10 PM
    We are thinking here concussion. Time has passed since I read this, normally you do not let anyone sleep right after a serious head injury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head Injury [ 1 Answers ]

I hit my head a few weeks ago. The spot is very sore, if I move my hair, like at the roots, it hurts, if I touch the spot, it sends a weird pain all the way through my head. Could this be a mild concussion?

Head Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, About 3 years ago I was involved in a fight and got hit in the head with a glass bottle and started bleeding. An ambulance was on the scene and recommended I go to the hospital. But I did not go. The paramedics cleaned up the injury and wrapped my head. 3 years later (this past...

Do I have a serious head injury? [ 0 Answers ]

I hit the top of my head on the counter yesterday when standing up quickly, I'm not dizzy, no blurred vision, pupils the same size, no nausea, but I have a headache and the top of my head and scalp is pretty sore. I called the nurse yesterday and she asked me a couple of questions about how I was...

Head injury [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was working for her employer cleaning out a bedroom and putting items in attic. The door had closed some behind hat and she turned around and hit her head on the edge of door over her right eye temple area. The area swelled up and she applied ice and took aleve and tested 30 minutes...

View more questions Search