Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beginnerboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2014, 09:04 PM
    Taxes on shares
    Suppose I invest Rs 10000 in a stocks of company A. After a bullish year my stocks are worth Rs 12,000.so I decide to sell it. Do I have to pay tax on that Rs 12,000 which I get after selling my stocks ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 16, 2014, 06:30 AM
    In India you pay tax on the capital gain of the stock - that is, how much profit you made on the transaction. For stock trabnsactions that gain is equal to sales proceeds minus purchase cost, or 12000 - 10000 = 2000 Rs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal and California taxes on the sell of french shares [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm going to sell some french shares called BSPCE (Share warrants for entrepreneurs in english) - they are a Right to Subscribe or purchase shares at a pre-agreed price - in English referred to as "Equity warrants" or "Stock subscription warrants (SSW)". I've got them since 2010. I...

Taxes on home if sister buys out shares [ 1 Answers ]

Mom died and had a living trust. All four kids are named in the trust. One sister wants to buy out the other three siblings quarter share. If we sell out share to our sister, we will have to pay taxes ?

What about taxes on an inheritance from Canada of company shares and or realestate? [ 1 Answers ]

Question about taxes on inherited realestate and company shares. Receiver is american. What kind of taxes and is their a way to structure so company shares would not have to be sold to pay?

Corporations, Shares and Equity (doing the bloody taxes) [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. Ive got a small family farm and we incorporated last year for various reasons. We started with 4 shareholders and now only have 3 after buying out the fourth. We valued the shares at the time of the buyout based on cash-on-hand(the companie's only asset). I plugged in the number to Simply...

Non-Resident Alien taxes on profits from shares/dividends/interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the process of filing my taxes for 2006 as a non-resident alien, since I was on OPT/F-1 visa for most of 2006. Towards the end of 2006, I sold some shares of a US company that I had been holding since before I came to the US. I also earned some dividends on that share. Additinally, I...

View more questions Search