Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beginnerboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2014, 06:07 AM
    If I own 100 shares of Company A. I can sell it anytime I wish right?
    If I own 100 shares of Company A. I can sell it anytime I wish right? How does one receive dividend from the company? Does it get deposited in my trading bank account?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 15, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Unless it is restricted stock you can sell anytime. Dividends are either sent to you, deposited in a bank account or reinvested into the company stock.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 15, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Yes, you can sell any time, assuming this is common stock that you own in a publically traded corporation. Dividends are sent to owner's of record as of the "ex-dividend" date each quarter - and where it goes depends on how your stock holding is set up. If you have a physical stock certificate in your possession then the dividend is sent directly to you, via US mail unless you have set up a direct deposit arrangement with the company's transfer agent, or as already noted if you have an automatic dividend reinvestment plan set up (but I doubt that's the case or you would probably not be asking this question). If the stock is booked into your brokerage account i.e. (it's held in "street name"), then dividends are deposited directly into your brokerage account - this is the most common way that individual's hold stock in accounts at brokers like E-Trade, Schwab, Vanguard, Fidelity, Merrill Lynch, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckham Company has 1,000 shares of 6%, $100 par cumulative preferred stock outstandi [ 1 Answers ]

Beckham Company has 1,000 shares of 6%, $100 par cumulative preferred stock outstanding at December 31, 2010. No dividends have been paid on this stock for 2009 or 2010. Dividends in arrears at December 31, 2010 total

I want to know you sings this song? Anytime anytime you need me anytime anytime you w [ 4 Answers ]

Anytime anytime you need me anytime anytime you want me I think its 80s rock

What will be the treatment of shares held by a defunct company in other company? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a Pvt. Ltd company who is a shareholder in another limited company. Now the Pvt. Ltd company who was a shareholder has been striken off by the ROC. I am indilemma as to how to treat the shares held by such pvt. Ltd company. Will it be forefeited. Reply??

Shares of stock sell to meet cash needs [ 1 Answers ]

Phillip's Manufacturing wants to raise $15million to open a new production center. The company estimates the issue costs including the legal and accounting fees will be $530,000. The underwriters have set the stock price at $23 a share and the underwriting spread at 8.5 percent. How many shares...

View more questions Search