Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DirectionWest Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2014, 11:54 PM
    I need to purchase a lens for my camera. How's Tamron as an option ?
    I own a Nikon D5100 and I wan't to purchase a news for it. I need like 18-200 which is out of budget if I get a Nikon lens but Tamron offers the same at a very affordable price. I hope third party lens would perform pretty well.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2014, 03:46 AM
    If your using this for general photography and not a work environment then you should be fine.

Tamron Lenses: Digital Photography Review
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 15, 2014, 01:07 PM
    My next purchase will most likely be a Tamron. Tamron has made a very good name for themselves. They have a fantastic assortment of all-in-one lens that are almost impossible to pass up.
    DirectionWest Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    If your using this for general photography and not a work environment then you should be fine.

Tamron Lenses: Digital Photography Review
    No not for general photography, I'm planning getting into this field and anyway I'll shift onto Canon but for the time being I need to get a new lens as I 'll have to use this one for at least a year or two.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 09:30 AM
    If you plan on getting into photography, than spend $600 and buy 18-200 Nikon zoom, not Tamron, which is non-branded lens. You always want to stick with brand lenses. If you plan to shift to Canon later, than don't buy lenses for Nikon. Get Canon right away and start building.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Camera-lens [ 1 Answers ]

Can I mount a Sun 80-240 lens on a minolta 3000?

Which Digital Camera is better in terms of Lens Quality [ 5 Answers ]

Dear All, I am planning to purchase a digital camera for my personal use. Can U recommend me which Camera is better in terms of the Lens Quality. My budget is around 200 Us$. Immediate reply would be appreciated. Thanks, Rupesh

I need to be educated on Nikon Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

I own a Nikon D40X and was wondering if someone could educate me I have a Nikon 55-200mm lens. What do the numbers actually mean? I am new to the SLR scene and want to learn all I can. If anyone knows a website that can better help me please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help

Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

Which is sharper, a fixed length focal lens or a zoom lens?

View more questions Search