Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Global Warming again. Al Gore, SHAME on you!
    Judge for yourselves:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Tale of Two Houses

To Al Gore, Richard Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin and the rest of the likes of you: Move to another planet and quit your lying and fearmongering!

... rant over...

My comments are not the views of the owners and/or management of AskMeHelpDesk.com.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 03:00 PM
    I'm not sure what your point is. Is it that--

1. Al Gore is a hypocrite because he lives in a large energy-inefficient house even though he advocates for energy efficiency and other policies to mitigate global climate change, or

2. George Bush is a hypocrite because his vacation home is energy efficient, even though his Administration says that global climate change is not a problem, or if it is, not a problem we can do anything about, or

3. Global climate change is not a problem, or if it is, not a problem we can do anything about, or

4. All of the above?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Al gore is an hyprocrite.

All it is, is fear mongering.

George bush belongs in prison for war crimes committed. He is more then just a hyprocrite.

Oh, I could say a lot more but I won't.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 03:13 PM
    I watched Inconvenient Truth recently. I liked the message, the delivery and I believe there is indeed a problem just as M. Gore presented it. I refuse to "kill the messenger" as mature, logical people are inclined to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Al needed to hire some actors for his movie, add a few car chases and was presented in a very poor manner to connect any dots in my opinioni.

But he is rich, and what the heck it is one heck of a home. Which of us would not have it, if we had all of his money
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 4, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Politician = Hypocrite ;)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    I'm not sure what your point is. Is it that--

1. Al Gore is a hypocrite because he lives in a large energy-inefficient house even though he advocates for energy efficiency and other policies to mitigate global climate change, or

2. George Bush is a hypocrite because his vacation home is energy efficient, even though his Administration says that global climate change is not a problem, or if it is, not a problem we can do anything about, or

3. Global climate change is not a problem, or if it is, not a problem we can do anything about, or

4. All of the above?

I love you
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Politician = Hypocrite ;)
    Exactly!!
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I watched Inconvenient Truth recently. I liked the message, the delivery and I believe there is indeed a problem just as M. Gore presented it. I refuse to "kill the messenger" as mature, logical people are inclined to do.
    I watched that movie and it was really scary, and powering.
    It made me really think.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I watched that movie and it felt like I was getting a lecture and sitting in a classroom being taught things that I would never need to know in the real world.

Hmmm, the movie was awful. I do not know why so many people say it is one of the best documentaries and you will be shocked and want to watch it from start to finish. Blah Blah Blah snore fest.

Joe
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I liked it acually both grade 8 classes in my school loved it annd were also very frightned
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 04:53 PM
    I did not see the movie, I would refuse to see it. Not that I am a non believer in global warming, I just refuse to view anything related to Al Gore. It would be like watching a murder movie and knowing the slant and the plot and the ending before the previews started. I believe Al Gore is in the fore front again because Hilary is running for President and Al stands a chance to get back in somehow. Like a bad penny.

I do think that there is not much substantial that can be done to reverse all the damage done. There is a little bit here and there - but centuries of "modern progress" and pollution and I won't go into the tirade, have done more damage than can be repaired. While I was not a huge Jimmy Carter fan, I did applaud his approach to sustainable living.

Curlyben is right: politician = hypocrite.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I watched that movie and it felt like I was getting a lecture and sitting in a classroom being taught things that I would never need to know in the real world.
    Perhaps you should avoid documentaries then.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I did not see the movie, I would refuse to see it. Not that I am a non believer in global warming, I just refuse to view anything related to Al Gore. It would be like watching a murder movie and knowing the slant and the plot and the ending before the previews started. I believe Al Gore is in the fore front again because Hilary is running for President and Al stands a chance to get back in somehow. Like a bad penny.

I do think that there is not much substantial that can be done to reverse all the damage done. There is a little bit here and there - but centuries of "modern progress" and pollution and I won't go into the tirade, have done more damage than can be repaired. While I was not a huge Jimmy Carter fan, I did applaud his approach to sustainable living.

Curlyben is right: politician = hypocrite.
    First the frogs and now the honey bees. Our planet is now a dying planet and it is too late to turn it around. With the expotential rate of population growth, we have maybe 50 years left. (According to some scientist.) Without the honey bees and having to rely on genetically modified food crops, which are not proven and can mutate into GOD only knows what, I think we are in even bigger trouble than we realize. I say 20 years at the outside, which is fine with me since my gout has really been acting up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Read Michael Crichton's State of Fear.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    All it is, is fear mongering.
    I think there's more to it than that. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is issuing another report tomorrow.

Climate Panel Confident Warming Is Underway - washingtonpost.com

Scientists from around the world contributed to the report, whose details were being finalized in Brussels this week. The authors relied on peer-reviewed scientific reports to make their findings, and the report was subjected to rounds of outside review.
    The draft says "much more evidence has accumulated over the past five years" to indicate that changes such as longer growing seasons and earlier leaf-unfolding and earlier egg-laying by birds are traceable to human activities.
    I suppose it's tempting to dismiss it as a cynical plot by fear-mongering hypocritical politicians, but not every problem is either bogus or insoluble. What if this one is both real and soluble, but we dismiss it as hype? A lot of the changes necessary to address it are desirable for other reasons as well, so why not make them?
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Just wondering: Gore has presented this in over 20 countries, what personal political gain does he get from that?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 07:33 AM
    1. Make people care about the environment
    2. show people that he cares about the environment
    3.. .
    4. PROFIT
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Back to \. For you! :D
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 07:39 AM
    I think that was first coined on b3ta, but has slowly permeated across the 'net :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Warming Mat in Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking at putting in a warming mat in the floor of my bathroom when I remodel. I've looked specifically into the SunTouch floor warming Mats and have a general electrical question. The mats require you purchase a thermostat (70 bucks nonprogrammable one or 175 for the programmable one). ...

The Great Global Warming Debate [ 2 Answers ]

First let me state that I don't hold ALGOR or his scientific credentials in high esteem. I recently did a Google search for "The Great Global Warming Swindle", and viewed a compelling 75 min video, and several others on both sides of the issue. The fact that CO2 is but .35% of the Earth's...

BBC and the global warming threat [ 3 Answers ]

How many BBC news articles have there been in the past five years on global warming that present it as a legitimate threat to the earth as opposed to the articles that present it as a hoax?

Mazda B-2600 stalls out after warming up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Mazda B-2600 pickup that starts up and runs good until it is warmed up, but then it will stall out and either not start back up or run so rough that it is not driveable. Once it cools down, it starts and runs normally again until it gets up to normal temperature.:confused: Also,...

Oil Furnace not warming house [ 12 Answers ]

Our oil furnace doesn't give us much heat in our bedrooms which are on the end of our home. We removed a wall in our kitchen a few years ago and it's very uncomfortable now. Our Home is 1354 Sq. Ft. and we think it should be warmer than it is. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search