Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrinityX6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2014, 03:02 AM
    Annoying popup window 'SupraSavings'
    Hi I just got scammed buying a laptop and I'm next to hopeless when it comes to this sort of stuff, so I guess I'm off to a shaky start... ;-O.

It's running a dodgy copy of Windows 7 with loads of software and programs I don't even understand. Regardless, I've managed to tame the annoying popups and ad material down to a manageable state. However, when I'm using Google Chrome these hideously irritating popups for something called 'Supra Savings' keep coming up, making it almost impossible to negotiate the screen. I've tried going to Uninstall Programs to get rid of it, but nothing exists under Supra Savings! Help!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 14, 2014, 04:11 AM
    From Programs and Features uninstall anything you don't need. Then download and run this excellent utility: Malwarebytes | Thank you for download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Quarantine anything it finds.
    TrinityX6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2014, 04:16 AM
    Yes but how do I know which program it's installed with?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 14, 2014, 06:36 AM
    You don't really need to know that.
    Another weapon is to install Ccleaner and use its Startup feature: Piriform - Managing auto-starting programs
    Make sure to select the tabs for the browsers:
    Attachment 46040
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Does the laptop have a CoA (Certificate of Authenticity) sticker on it. If so it should have the Windows Product Key on it, and you can just wipe and re-install Windows and start from scratch. That's if you don't mind losing the current information on it. Since you just purchased the laptop I doubt you need all the crap the previous user had on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Popup windows [ 2 Answers ]

I am not being able to open pop-up windows... I don't know what I pressed to turn off this option.. tried unblocking pop-up windows... not quite working though... let me know how to do it.

PopUp Window on Task Bar, ONLY [ 2 Answers ]

Every so often I get this blue bordered window on my task bar that is white or blank inside, if you will, with no description. It loads quickly than goes. Now I do NOT get any corresponding window on my desk top just on the task bar and my computer stops while this thing loads for the two seconds...

Aurora Popup [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: OK Guys here's the deal... I had some serious malware attacks and with your help got all but one. I downloaded Adware Away (great little program for those hard to reach bugz) This is what it is telling me... Found Aurora Popup Adware- ...

View more questions Search