Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthonyrinaldi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2014, 03:20 AM
    Ceiling fan troubleshooting
    I have a few different. #1 Fan with pull chain and remote. Pull chains do not work for light or fan. Remote does not work(red light goes on) for light or fan... wall switch DOES work. It is wired to AC power. #2 Wireless Ceiling fan with remote and battery powered wall switch (not hooked to AC power). Remote doesn't work (red light goes on). Wall switch doesn't work (red light goes on). #3 Wireless with remote. Remote does not work (red light goes on). Wireless wall switch works sometimes (red light goes on whether it works or not). #4 fan with remote only. Remote does not work(red light goes on). Couple of weeks ago, this fan started going on by itself, had to shut it with remote. Now it doesn't go on and remote does not work to put it on.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2014, 09:40 PM
    Hi there,

For ceiling fan troubleshooting of remote controls I would recommend this article

It has the basic troubleshooting to try. The last thing you mentioned with the fan coming on by itself, sounded like a dip switch issue. Also, the other fans not working could be dip switches too. Have you tried checking the dip switches on all the fan housings and ensure it matches the remote. If some are set the same way, one remote will work more then one fan as well.

Because you are getting a red light on the remote means it is sending a signal, so the problem is receiving the signal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

West to replace a burned out bulb in a 4-bulb light fixture connected to an older Hunter ceiling fan. Suddenly there was a spark and the all the light bulbs in the fixture went out and the entire socket that the light bulb was screwed into came out. The wires were correded and broke loose. I...

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avion Ceiling fan that runs on remote only. It has stopped working. I have checked the wall switch, breakers, changed the battery in the remote and still no solution. There were no indications this was going to happen. Can you help me?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Myceiling fan made a popping noise then stop working, but the lights still comes on. What can this be?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently installed a 1 yr old monte carlo fan in a new location.  After 1 day, it's humming.  it's controlled by dimmer switch on the wall.  Any suggestions

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The lights on my ceiling fan automatically cycle through rapid flashing to on, then dimming to off, repeat cycle over and over... The remote is transmitting and the fan motor is OK.

View more questions Search