Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noone2014 Posts: 155, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 02:47 PM
    Mother's Day
    It's Mother's Day on Sunday and I want to do something really nice for my mum. Any mums out there what's something's you really like doing with your kids? I have brought her a present already but just wanted to do something more for her, she totally deserves more than that. I have money I have saved from working just not sure what to do for her.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 8, 2014, 02:57 PM
    As a mother, spending time with my children means more than anything. Presents are especially nice when coupled with a good memory.

What does your mother like to do that you and, perhaps, your sister can do with her? Cooking, crafts, watching a movie, marathon of a favorite tv show, maybe play games...

You might think about a letter telling her how much you love her and that you may not show it all the time, but you are thankful for her and what she has done for you.

A big hug and love are priceless gifts.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 8, 2014, 03:24 PM
    Your mom is lucky she has you there for Mom's Day. My son is in Germany, my one and only. We skype a lot, so that helps, but will celebrate all birthdays and moms day when he comes over in July.

Give her a big HUG ! A nice card perhaps.

May 8, 2014, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    As a mother, spending time with my children means more than anything. Presents are especially nice when coupled with a good memory.

What does your mother like to do that you and, perhaps, your sister can do with her? Cooking, crafts, watching a movie, marathon of a favorite tv show, maybe play games...

You might think about a letter telling her how much you love her and that you may not show it all the time, but you are thankful for her and what she has done for you.

A big hug and love are priceless gifts.
    Thanks I like the letter idea I haven't been the best at telling her that I love her and appreciate all she has given up and done for me so that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking maybe paying for us all to go on a dolphin cruise and lunch but not sure if she would like that in case she doesn't want to go out, Sunday is the only day she doesn't work. Maybe I should just ask her what she wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Your mom is lucky she has you there for Mom's Day. My son is in Germany, my one and only. We skype a lot, so that helps, but will celebrate all birthdays and moms day when he comes over in July.

Give her a big HUG ! A nice card perhaps.
    Not so sure my mum is lucky having me for a daughter lol. It would be hard being so far away from your son it's pretty amazing all the technology we have today better than just writing a letter :) Mother's Day coming just made me think of all the things mum does for me and how I don't really appreciate, well show her, what she does. So wanted to do something really nice for her to kind of show her I do really love her even though I am sometimes a pain in the butt well most the time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    Not so sure my mum is lucky having me for a daughter lol.
    I'd be proud to have you for a daughter!

My two sons usually give me a food treat, such as Thai fresh spring rolls or donuts that I like or a small variety of pretty all-occasion cards (so I don't have to shop for them). They know I don't want flowers (our cats chew on the leaves and try to knock over the vase....).

A loving letter would be a cool thing to give her. And a big hug. And spend time with her.

May 8, 2014, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'd be proud to have you for a daughter!

My two sons usually give me a food treat, such as Thai fresh spring rolls or donuts that I like or a small variety of pretty all-occasion cards (so I don't have to shop for them). They know I don't want flowers (our cats chew on the leaves and try to knock over the vase....).

A loving letter would be a cool thing to give her. And a big hug. And spend time with her.
    Not to sure she is proud of me disappointed is a word she uses a lot. But I'm trying to change that. Anyway I'm thinking a letter, make her favourite breakfast her present and see what she wants to do. I'm helping my little sister make her a cake tonight while mums at work not sure how that will taste lol last time we made a cake we forgot the eggs. It must be hard being a mum especially a single mum, but she does a great job and I just want her to know that :) sounds like you have a very mischievous cat
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2014, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    Not to sure she is proud of me disappointed is a word she uses a lot. But I'm trying to change that. Anyway I'm thinking a letter, make her favourite breakfast her present and see what she wants to do. I'm helping my little sister make her a cake tonight while mums at work not sure how that will taste lol last time we made a cake we forgot the eggs. It must be hard being a mum especially a single mum, but she does a great job and I just want her to know that :) sounds like you have a very mischievous cat
    A cake sounds delicious -- especially if you remember the eggs! And I have FOUR cats (rescued from the back yard).
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

May 9, 2014, 12:02 AM
    My mother always enjoys things that are made by us rather than bought.

So, this year, my hubby, son (5 year old), and I, are making her a bench made from pallets.

We have sanded, burned for rustic look, stained, and clear coated. It looks awesome.

I always enjoy when my son makes things for me as well. Then I can hold onto it and pull it out years down the road.

I am sure that whatever you do your mother will love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 day old kitten not feed of her mother... HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Our persian cat gave birth to 7 kittens. This was her first litter, one of them was born dead, others though were healthy except for one. Days that followed I noticed that the weaker kitten gets pushed around so I made it my job to make sure the kitten got milk, I use to take one of the fat ones...

Before I was a Mom. For all the moms on Mother's Day. [ 41 Answers ]

Before I was a Mom Before I was a Mom I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday. Before I was a Mom, I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether my...

For Mother's Day - Just Wanted to Share. [ 8 Answers ]

Just received this in an email today. Thought that I would share it. Worth a read, even if you have read it before... BEING A MOTHER... After 17 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, 'I love you, but I know this other woman...

Happy Mother's Day [ 4 Answers ]

I wish you all of you beautiful women a Happy Mother's Day! May it be filled with love and appreciation for all you do! ;)

Mother's Day [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on what to get my mother for mother's day? She already has mother's rings, grandmother rings, charms for the grandkids. She is just so picky I don't know what to get her. SHe is 47,if that helps. Thanks

View more questions Search