Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timothysmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 09:26 AM
    Can I sue my dentist in small claims court for pain and suffering
    September of last year I went to the dentist to have my wisdom teeth pulled and two others. When I left they told me they where waiting for approval to do a root canal from my insurance. A few months went by I called them and nothing . Few more months the same thing. This past weekend (may) I went to immediadent because my dentist was closed for the weekend. They told me I had to have my teeth pulled they gave me meds and a referral. Later when I got home they called me back and said they could do it at a different location that following Monday so I made the appointment. When I got there I was told that they could not pull the teeth because my insurance had already paid for pulling 10 of my teeth that I still have. I called the insurance company while I was there and told them the situation they had my dentist fax them a recent x ray. Well my dentist is being investigated for fraud. And I can't get them pulled until this is all cleared up so I'm going to have to miss work because I've already cleared my schedule so I could have a few days off . I'm still in a lot of pain and I've ran out of the pain meds my dentist gave me he told me he wouldn't give me anything for the pain until their pulled. Which really is not fair to me I didn't do this I shouldn't feel like I'm being blamed for this . So I had to take a trip to the er and they gave me pain meds but soon enough their going to run out . My insurance also told me that if my dentist pays the money back it will look good on them... nothing about this should look good on them! I'm going to have to miss work I can't make it through the day without pain killers I have a 10 month son to take care of I can't afford to pay for them myself . I would like to teach them a lesson. Everyone I knows keeps telling me to talk to a lawyer but no one will help me. If I do sue what would I sue for and how do I find a lawyer willing to help me ? Any ideas cause I'm about out... all I know is they need to be taught a lesson.. . thanks for taking the time to read
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 8, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Nope... THere isn't another dentist in your City you could go to?

And the insurace does limit how many procedures will be covered during a callender year, and a lifetime limit as well.

THose aren't the dentists fault... You can always pay out of pocket for anything beyond what your insurance will cover.

Sorry, but this is life... sometimes everything seems to go to crap.

If you want to see if you really have a case there is a chance to win... talk to a lawyer and see if any of them will take it on contengency. THey get a percentage of anything you win, only if they win. They won't take on a case they don't think has a chance of winning because they don't get paid if they don't win.

If there was fraud...its between the Insurance company, the Dentist and the court.....not for you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2014, 09:36 AM
    Wouldn't a better choice be to go to another dentist?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 8, 2014, 10:02 AM
    ... Everyone I knows keeps telling me to talk to a lawyer but no one will help me. ... how do I find a lawyer willing to help me ? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    ... talk to a lawyer and see if any of them will take it on contengency. ....
    When multiple attorneys decline taking a case on a contingency, it's a fairly reliable clue that the case is worthless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Michigan small claims court can you sue for emothonial pain and suffering [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Michigan, can you sue someone for pain and suffering for taking the cremation ashes of their mother from their stepfathers home with his knowledge?

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of Fl. [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking for a program where my son would learn responsibility, respect and self confidence. I spoke to a retired police officer, who suggested a Jiu Jitsu class. I found three locations. I selected the one which was the closes to me. On or about September 7, 2011, my son and I went to the...

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of il [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a situation where a man that I thought loved me convinced me to move out of state leaving my friends, family, job, and my home to be with him. Within a month of me moving and preparing to find work, he decides to move out within in a month of moving in the house without notice to go and...

Can you sue for pain and suffering in small claims court, California, for a tooth [ 8 Answers ]

Can I sue for the dental bill PLUS pain and suffering. My tooth was broken out when I was eating olives by a large piece of metal that was in the can. I had to get a crown. Can I sue for the cost of the crown plus an additional amount for pain and suffering? I'm in California.

Small claims in IL for accident-can I sue for pain and suffering and how much? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an accident almost 2 years ago and got hit head on by a drunk driver. Hurt my wrist and was out of work for 2 months. He refuses to pay for my lost wages and I want them back. I was wondering if I can also sue for pain and suffering and for how much?

View more questions Search