Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyrinaldi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 03:51 AM
    Ceiling Fan Remote Problems - HELP
    Greetings. PROB 1. I have two ceiling fans that work either by remote or wall switch. They work by wall swicth fine, but not by remote even though the dip switches are set properly on the wall unit and the remote and even though the batteries test out fine and the red light comes on when I press a button. PROB 2. I have two other ceiling fans that work with remote or wireless wall units. Neither one of these work... even though they did a month ago. Once again the batteries test out fine. I know it sounds crazy... but this is what I am up against. HELP
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2014, 09:04 AM
    Hi there,

Lots of people ask for help with remote controls. I always suggest to them, this remote control troubleshooting guide. It has lots of great steps to try; pretty much anyone will recommend you the same steps to try. Let us know if it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control ceiling fan problems? [ 1 Answers ]

The fan works using the remote control.But not the light why?

Ceiling fan remote control problems? [ 0 Answers ]

My buddy just installed a litex remote into my Hunter fan for me. The problem is, the fan is a four speed fan, and the remote only has 3 speeds. This wouldn't bother me, except the "High" on my remote only turns the fan on to its medium speed. I can't get my fan up to its fastest capability. As I...

Ceiling fan remote problems [ 11 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of a Designer's Choice ceiling fan? We have two of these ceiling fans in our living room and they like taking turns not working. One will work for a while while and the other will not turn on at all. I haven't been able to find this brand of ceiling fan anywhere to contact...

Ceiling fan remote control problems [ 1 Answers ]

My friend got a remote control fan that would not run I checked it out and replaced a burnt out capacitor. Now the fan only runs reverse. The fan is strictly remote only can I do anything like switching wires to correct this?

Ceiling fan remote problems [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan and I also bought a Hampton Bay remote to go with it. The light and fan work fine without the remote. The remote will only control the fan... why won't it control the light dimming action? Thanks!:(

View more questions Search