Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosquito555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 11:48 PM
    Are there mosquito species that don't transmit any diseases?
    I know that in the mosquito species that do transmit diseases, it's always the females that do it. But are there any mosquito species that transmit no diseases at all, neither the males or females of the species? If so, what species are they? I'm especially interested to know if there are mosquito species in West Africa that don't transmit diseases.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 8, 2014, 02:00 AM
    Elephant mosquitoes don't feed on blood. Some of them are African.

Toxorhynchites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have itchy bumps that look exactly like mosquito bites but I don't think they are [ 9 Answers ]

A couple weeks ago, I started getting red spots all over that I thought were mosquito bites. They appeared at night at first, and I leave my window open. However, they seem to have spread, and no one else in my house has been bitten. I know they're not bed bugs, nor do I really think they're any...

Explain how a TCP's window size controls the amount of data a source can transmit. [ 2 Answers ]

Explain how a TCP's window size controls the amount of data a source can transmit.

Transmit a message via wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the best technology to use to provide the following solution? Want design an object which transmits one signal when it is orientated vertically and another signal when it is horizontal. The message also needs to be able to identify the unique object it was sent from. A wireless...

View more questions Search