Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sde72760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 10:45 PM
    Can't get transcript for Branell Inst in Memphis
    I attended Branell Institute in Memphis, TN in September of 1988. I completed all coursework ahead of schedule and they helped me find a job. I never went through my graduation or picked up my certificate because I was working. Since I finished early, I had nothing to do and was trying to support my 3 babies on my own, so I went to work. I did go back several times and just in the classroom so I could show I attended. (That was all they required me to do!) I should have graduated with about a 3.8 GPA. The only thing I have to prove I ever attended is the student loan debt and an unofficial transcript that does not contain the last few courses I took.

I have been trying for years to get copies of my transcripts from Branell Institute in Memphis, TN (Shelby County) and finally got in touch with Governor Bill Haslam's office last year. Someone in his office checked with the office that has the info on closed schools, but they have no mention of me ever even attending the school!

My course of study was Computer accounting. I felt like I was in Junior High because all of the coursework was so easy. I really didn't get much out of it, but I would like to get credit for what I did and what I paid for! I was just hoping that getting that certificate would help me get a better paying job, but it didn't. I believe it should have been geared more to high school dropouts than to people who were trying to move up. Anyway...

I am so frustrated! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sherry Evans
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2014, 01:39 AM
    If the Department of Education does not have that record, there is none. That would be the only place they exist.

You can attempt to reconstruct the informaton on you own. And get material printed that will match the correct records.
    peanut214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2015, 12:04 PM
    If you attended a Branell Business School in Tennessee: go to: www.tn.gov/thec click on Post secondary option, then look for transcipts option. You can download & print a form to request transcripts which includes those from closed schools. The cost is $10 & the form indicates you can have it mailed to you or faxed. Ph # for TN Higher Education Commission is 614.741.5293 if you have trouble.

If you attended a Branell Business in GA: got to: www.gapec.org. I didn't use this site because I attended Branell in Chattanooga, TN. But the process should be similar. Ph # for GA Post-Secondary Education Commission is 770.414.3300 if you need help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Branell business:college how do I get my transcript from branell college? [ 8 Answers ]

How do I get my transcript from Branell College? I can't find the school any where.

Branell college [ 1 Answers ]

I also attended Branell Business College in Norcross, GA--which changed names to Asher School of Business. I am trying to locate my transcripts, too. Does anyone have any information? Thanks!

Where can I find my daploma for Georgia Medical Inst. [ 1 Answers ]

I ATTENDED Georgia Medical Inst. In Atlanta. The school is now close where can find proof of daploma.

View more questions Search