Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosie06ct Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 09:19 PM
    504 plan in the workplace
    I work as a custodian in a school I have stage 4 cancer and diabetes. Over the past 3 years I have finally exhausted all of my paid time off. I will earn 1 1/2 days a month . I need to have a lung biopsy so I need a day off without pay and I am getting the run around and now am forced to take family leave ! Is allowing unpaid time off for illness a reasonable request ? They are trying to push me out and I feel it is not fair the HR person said "well at this point we are not even sure you have cancer! What part of stage 4 does she not get.. under hIPPA I DO NOT FEEL I EVEN HAVE TO GIVE HER MY DIAGNOSIS
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2014, 01:46 AM
    What is unreasonable, to ask you to apply and use the FMLA That would appear to be the proper procedure. That is not trying to get rid of you, it is requiring you use the proper leave after you have used up all of your normal leave.

Also, for extensive absent, and going into the FMLA, yes documentation of your illness is required to use the leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult 504 Plan [ 7 Answers ]

Can an adult have a 504 plan?

504 plan for adults in the workplace [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Special Ed. Teacher at a middle school working with 6th,7th and 8th grade in a self-contained class with a teacher aide. Around a year ago I was diagnosed with Kidney Failure stage 3. A co-worker told tofill anaplication for 504.Can I be cover by a 504 plan? What are my options?

An adult with a 504 plan [ 4 Answers ]

An elementary school teacher has a 504 plan because of a "scent" issue. (Scents supposedly cause her migraines). Can she force fellow co-workers to refrain from wearing perfumes, scented body washes, detergents, etc.

Can an adult get a 504 plan? [ 3 Answers ]

Can an adult get a 504 plan? A teacher friend of mind has high blood pressure which has proven to be drug resistant. Can she get a 504 plan requiring that she not be given a certain non-teaching duty that she presently has. This is a stressful duty that her doctor does not want her to continue...

Need 504 plan for grandson [ 23 Answers ]

I have several concerns and questions for those who are familiar with procedures in the TIER I, TIER II, and TIER III model. My grandson who now 9, was diagnosed at Medical Center with ADHD, ODD when he was 6. He was assessed as low to average in IQ. I believe he also has dyslexia but he is in...

View more questions Search