Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnwalsh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 03:31 AM
    Can an employer implement a reduction in salary if a training charge is not included
    I have been told by my country manager that they intend to implement a clawback from all sales if they close a sales without charging for the trainers travel allowance, so in most cases the trainers expenses for travel to birmingham for 4 days would be £1200,this now has to be charged if not they will take that money from the commission paid to the sales person. I personally find this offensive. The company is Australian and appear to have some very old and draconian ways about them. Is this legal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2014, 03:40 AM
    Unless there is a contract. That says they can not, there is no reason why they can not.
    johnwalsh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 03:44 AM
    Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 7, 2014, 04:06 AM
    I don't know about your laws, but in the US, when the terms of a job change to the detriment of the employee, that employee can apply for unemployment insurance (after quitting the job).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2014, 05:31 AM
    If they make a change like that, as long as they apoply it to all employees equally then it should be legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Employer not paying salary [ 0 Answers ]

Worked in Company A and every time a month's salary was delayed by a month or two.It finally reached a stage where my 5 months salary was pending. The employer Ambuj Kumar(CEO) portrayed himself as Babloo Sharma(Operations Head) and was single-handedly running the workplace. He did not want to...

Employer not paying salary [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, My employer didn't pay me two months salary and has closed down the company. I took a transfer to some other company but still didn't get my two months pay. Do you think I can still go against him legally even if the company is closed? Quick replies will be appreciated . Thanks

Salary hours reduction [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been on salary since employed at this company. He was always paid the same amount every week no matter how many hours of overtime he put in. Recently, because of the economy, the company cut back all employees to 36 hours per week. The hourly employees are now getting only 36...

Calf Reduction Training [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a couple of questions regarding calf reduction. My thick calves are inherited. I was looking for ways to slim my calves when I ran into an interesting article. The article said there are fast and slow-twitch fibers in our muscles. To make things short, the article suggested that I...

View more questions Search