Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asad511315 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2014, 12:12 PM
    Immigration Visa for Married Adult Son/Daughter
    Hi,
    My sister is over 21 years old and married . She lives in Pakistan
    I am US Citizen over 21 years and married. My Mother is US Permanent Resident. We want to apply green card my married sister is Pakistan .
    Q1 :
    Should I apply through me as US Citizen or should I wait for my Mom to become US Citizen (she have just obtained Green Card few months ago) and the apply for my sister. Which rout will take less time. All of us were born in Pakistan.

Q2 :
    Once we have applied for her using any of the above method, can she still aply for other non-immigrant visas (visit visa) while her case is in progress.

Thank you
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

May 6, 2014, 02:01 PM
    Q1. Well, right now, the wait for F4 category (sibling of U.S. citizen) is about 12.5 years. The wait for F3 (married child of U.S. citizen) is 10.75 years. Plus the 5+ years your mother will take to naturalize, it would seem that you petitioning directly for F4 would be faster. Of course, you can always do both to hedge your chances.

Q2. Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcoholic adult son and daughter. [ 2 Answers ]

My oldest adult son and daughter are terrible alcoholics. (Their younger brother is not, thank the Lord). They're making our lives a living hell. My husband and I have never touched alcohol and nobody else has in our families. Where is this coming from? Does anyone relate?

Disrepectful adult son and daughter in law [ 4 Answers ]

She moved in with my son in college and refused to move out. My husband and I paid for our 2 sons apartments while in college. She caused a dispute between them. Her mother did not know she had moved from the apartment she paid for her because she never visited. She lived in Memphis and we lived...

How to fill Mass Tax return - married with J1 and J2 visa, son is US citizen [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to fill my tax returns using Winstar, when I realized that I can't fill the return for Massachusetts together with my wife. I came to Boston in March 2011, to work as a postdoc. I am on a J1 visa. My wife followed me to Boston in August 2011, and in November she gave birth...

Live in girlfriend her son & married daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved in with my girlfriend and her 17 year old son, into her house about 1 year ago. She also has a 23 year old daughter that is married she is now living with us because her husband left to Iraq. That's not a problem. My problem now is that I have a small business and my girlfriend runs the...

Deduction for immigration expenses for adult children [ 1 Answers ]

I paid airline expenses for my adult daughter, her husband and 3 children to move to USA in 2006 Dec. They live in my house for remainder of 2006. They do no work. Can I claim expense or as dependents?

View more questions Search