Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Do I need a GFI under the kitchen sink
    I am in the process of installing a hot water dispenser in our kitchen, and it requires (according to the instructions) a grounded 3-prong outlet. The instructions do not mention using a GFI protected outlet. There is an existing electrical line under the sink for the disposal - if I cut into that line to add an outlet under the sink, must I use a GFI outlet?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
    A GFI is not required for this appliance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Sink Overflows when using kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

Our Laundry Sink Overflows when using the kitchen sink.. with really nasty stuff flowing back out. As a result, sometimes when we're doing the laundry the water drains out very slowly, and we can never do the dishes and laundry at the same time. I'm worried that this may eventually become a...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Outlets for GFI circuits - bath & kitchen [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - 2 questions: 1. I'm adding whirlpool bathtub as part of a remodel job. I've got 2 20amp dedicated lines, 1 for the pump, 1 for the heater. Each of these has to be on a GFCI breaker in the main panel, do I just use a regular receptacle under the tub enclosure, or is there a special...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need "backflow" protectors ?

View more questions Search