Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpF1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2014, 01:32 PM
    Hand swelling
    Hello, I have been experiencing swelling of my right hand and it feels tight when I make a fist. I have had this for the past two days. I am on a Warfarin regimen for past TIA's. Should I be concerned? There is no pain involved.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 4, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Sounds like water buildup. Contact your doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2014, 03:10 PM
    Could be water buildup, could be an allergic reaction, could be many things. Sadly we can't diagnose online, and there are no doctors on this site.

If this is a concern, it's best to see your doctor.
    carolmonroe38 Posts: 53, Reputation: 8

May 4, 2014, 07:54 PM
    Was there trauma to your hand? Did you fracture it?

If it's an infection, you would feel pain.

It's unlikely that Warfarin caused the hand swelling. Please call your doctor.
    NobleHospital Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 02:23 AM
    Depending on the cause, hand swelling can last for a short time, such as when it occurs during or after exercise. Chronic hand swelling, or swelling that builds up over time, often indicates an inflammatory process, such as arthritis. Hand swelling can also be caused by orthopedic conditions, such as a bone fracture or a cast that is too tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have sudden swelling in my right hand, needle like pain and decreased movement. Wha [ 1 Answers ]

I have sudden swelling in my right hand, needle like pain and decreased movement

Do ordinary friends (a boy and a girl) walk hand in hand? [ 1 Answers ]

If I see a girl and a boy that are walking hand in hand, may I make sure that they are boyfriend and girlfriend? Or they may be just friends?

Is hand twitching a sign that something is wrong with my hand or arm? [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two days, my left hand has been twitching uncontrollably off and on, and I don't know what could be causing it. I've never had it happen before and I just thought it was weird because it was just out of the blue. Is this normal and am I just being too paranoid?

STD from a hand job and hand play with a female [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I received a hand job with oil and played with a females vigina after I received a message. Can I contract a std from this?

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search